Forums are back in action! ×

Hideaway's the Name, Avoidance is the Game!

Yep. Thats what I Do. Did. Well, am trying to undo.

When I have a problem, I avoid it. I busy myself with my geekery and my day-to-day inconsequentials and completely ignore the real issues.

Like weight. My weight.

Every since I was fourteen I've been steadily gaining weight. The shark attack theme is my constant sound track, and at any moment, the Jaws of my appetite will arise from the waters and viciously tear apart anything remotely resembling food. I had a son (Future Evil Overlord), but that isn't the cause of my weight increase. Now, at 206 lbs and five foot one, I can't barely keep up with my three year old, let alone teach him the ways of the Jedi, or how to sword fight with orcs in the park.

Anyway, enough of that melancholy nonsense.

My newest ideals, from this site actually, are Zombies, Run! and a Paleo Diet (Of a sorts). I'm just starting, still so brand new its embarassing, but I've decided to take some of the inspiring stories here to heart. Therefore, I've taken the last name Hideaway as a reminder.

No more hiding. :)

Level 0 Half-Dwarf Adventurer

STR: 4 |  DEX: 1 |  STA: 2  |  CON: 2  |  WIS: 2 |  CHA: 4

Hey, welcome. I'm Vi. I think you'll do fine tackling your weight now that you recognize it as a problem. Seriously, that's the first step.

Also, I believe everyone starts off at level one, so ...  I believe you're not a level zero ^_^

And what do you mean a paleo diet, of sorts? What are you allowing vs. not allowing? Just curious.

Welcome again, 

Vi