Forums are back in action! ×

Hey there, hi there, ho there

I have been looking around for quite awhile and finally decided to jump in.  

I'm 37 year old system administrator with a one year old daughter in Ames, IA (Go Iowa State Cyclones!).  Decided in February that at 6', 205 lbs was way too much to carry around.  I am down ~35 lbs since then with a goal of losing 10-15 more to see where I stand.  I have already noticed that the 100 degree heat index and high humidity don't affect me like last summer. We went hiking through Devil's Lake State Park in WI over the fourth and I was happily bounding up the rocks while my brother and brother-in-law were huffing and puffing their way up.

Of course, the weight loss is just a small part of becoming the best man and father I can be for my daughter.  I've spent 36 years of my life not being this person.

I know that I missed the most recent 6 week challenge, but is it possible to post a challenge thread now in one of the groups and do one?  If not I will just continue my own offline that I started Monday.  I figure it will actually be 6-8 week challenge depending on when my sister has her baby and I take a week to go help her out.

Thanks everybody! 

There is a theory which states that if ever anyone discovers exactly what the Universe is for and why it is here, it will instantly disappear and be replaced by something even more bizarre and inexplicable. There is another theory which states that this has already happened.
--Douglas Adams