Forums are back in action! ×

Would-be Druid (and cosplayer)

Hey nerds, I go by Eden. Long-time reader, been meaning to register here. When I saw Anne's cosplay hero article today I knew it was a sign, since I'm hoping to look smashing for cosplay this winter.

I really like the looks of these 6-week challenges, and I think I'd be best in the druid class. Right now I'm just walking/lightly jogging and learning to meditate, but I'd like to do yoga someday. And I love being outside to exercise. My favorite place is this fitness trail along the river. It goes through the fairgrounds where a bunch of stray cats hang out, and I'll stop to pet (and sometimes feed) them. :3 I don't love this heat wave though, gives me headaches.

I've tried Couch to 5k several times, but never could get past week 3, and that's with repeating weeks. I felt like a colossal failure for not being able to do the thing that claims to transform you from a couch potato into a runner in easy steps. This time I'm following zenhabits' model ( http://zenhabits.net/how-to-go-from-sedentary-to-running-in-five-steps/ ), which is much more gradual. I just started intervals today. This one I can handle.

What else... I work full-time night shift, so pretty much my only time to exercise is in the early afternoon. I've been tracking what I eat on myfitnesspal as much as I can. While monitoring has made me more mindful of what I eat, I know I can do better. I'm a little paleo-curious...... but I'll never give up sweets and bread forever. I'm too good at baking.

That's enough out of me! This seems like a good community, and I'm excited to be here.

Welcome DeepGreenEden.      As a fellow druid, I extend an even further welcome and hope to see you over in the Druid guild forums.    Anne is pretty epic that is for sure.     I love how she kicks everyones butts in FitBit data in walking.   

I love to cook myself and I have a huge sweet tooth and love my bread.  Like 11 packets of sugar in a cup of coffee four times a day bad.   But for this last challenge, I gave sugar up for 6 weeks.   Well mostly 6 weeks, I had a disagreement with the diet now and then.    Already gave up coffee back in Dec, so the caffeine was not that hard to kick.   *twitch twitch*

I am pretty new to this site, only done a single challenge, but already pretty active over on the Druid forums.  I practice about 5 and sometimes 6 even 7 days a week doing hot vinyasa flow yoga with the occasional twice in a single day.   

Don't ever think of a failure.   It's like my diet.   I know I am not going to be 100% all the time with it.   So now and then I just have disagreements with it.   My brain says no ice cream, my body says FEED ME THE WHOLE HALF GALLON!!!

So welcome and hope you stick around for a few challenges and ride up to your goals. 

200-Hour Yoga Teacher & Reiki II Practitioner

Level 2 Gnome Druid STR: 9 | DEX: 5 | STA: 5 | CON: 5 | WIS: 2 | CHA: 4

Challenge Progress  ||  Workout Progress  ||  FitBit

The problem with life is that there is no background music