Forums are back in action! ×

Well, here I am!

Hi everyone! 

I'm Bronzo's wife (I see he's been pretty active on the boards here). I started my journey at the beginning of the year, so far in fits and starts. I've lost 20 lbs so far, which is nothing to sneeze at, but considering that it's been seven months, I would definitely like to see that number get higher. I've got a loooooong way to go. 

IRL I'm a freelance healthcare writer (yeah, I know, kind of ironic), and I'm also mom to two kids. I worry about their habits, and I want to set a much better example for them. The oldest is tall and skinny, but he has bad eating habits (and no impulse control whatsoever) so it will catch up with him eventually if he doesn't make some changes. The younger one... well, she takes after me. She just turned 5 and she's in the 90th percentile for weight. Luckily, she's tall for her age so no worries yet. But she does think the five food groups are chocolate milk, chicken nuggets, french fries, ice cream, and noodles. She does like fruit and broccoli, so we try to use that to our advantage! 

I'm over on My Fitness Pal, and you're more than welcome to add me if you're tracking calories over there. I've been practicing clean eating for about two months now. I say practicing because heaven knows I'm not perfect at it yet! 

i chose hobbit as my RPG race because I'm not terribly tall and pretty darn stout... and I also firmly believe in meals like second breakfast! And I have hairy toes, but that's neither here nor there....

Looking forward to chatting and getting to know you guys better!

Verlayla 

Level 1 Hobbit Adventurer (Ranger-In-Training)

STR 1 | DEX 3 | STA 1 | CON 2 | WIS 5 | CHA 3

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/ameeramstead

"Progress, not perfection"

Hi !!!!!

Welcome !!

“Do not pray for an easy life, pray for the strength to endure a difficult one.â€

“Knowing is not enough, we must apply. Willing is not enough, we must do.†“If you spend too much time thinking about a thing, you’ll never get it done.†“Knowledge will give you power, but character respect.â€There are plenty of people in this world who know what they have to do to get what they want. The few that succeed are those who develop a character of constant and deliberate action.

“The key to immortality is first living a life worth remembering.â€

You only have one life in this body so make the most of it by creating something that adds value to those around you.

Bruce Lee

BLACK, yep, you read that right, (coming from a lover of cream and sugar) black, coffee almost shot out of my nose when you said you believed in things like second breakfast! I tell my hubs that there is no such thing as second breakfast, but he will argue til he's blue in the face! This is coming from a man you is a stick and likes to eat nachos at 10 o clock at night! UGH!! Glad you hopped aboard. I am new too so **CHEERS** here's to losing some weight and eating real food for second breakfast! :)

Archived