Forums are back in action! ×

Too Old?

Now the more I think about it, the more I want to get back into MMA.

However I am far from fit, fighting for or otherwise. I've given myself nine months to get into reasonable shape.

By the end of this I will be 28.

Now disregarding the few mma classes I took with my dabbles with BJJ, after 10 years of Trad Ju-Jitsu, I've not really done much.

Given enough training I'd want to have at least 1 fight, just to say I've done it.

The question is; Am I too old to do it?

Dark Elf Monk (Level 1)

| Str 2 | Dex 2 | Sta 2 | Con 3 | Wis 3 | Cha 3 |

Twitter: @MrDanMellor

When they close the lid, then you're too old.

Ha ha ha

Seriously,  my understanding is that MMA folks PEAK in their early -mid 30s.

So no. 

Hit the mats!

I AM going the distance

'Cause all I wanna do is go the distance. Nobody's ever gone the distance with Creed, and if I can go that distance, you see, and that bell rings and I'm still standin', I'm gonna know for the first time in my life, see, that I weren't just another bum from the neighborhood.

Randy Couture made his UFC debut at the age of 34. I'd say he had a decent career in spite of his late start...

If you're still asking yourself "am I too old?" you're not too old.

He was a top wrestler though.

I'm going to do it. Don't want to wake up in twenty years and regret things I should have done

Dark Elf Monk (Level 1)

Not too old !

But take a bit more than 9 month to be at your top, not to burn out your energy...

Body must adjust...

“Do not pray for an easy life, pray for the strength to endure a difficult one.â€

“Knowing is not enough, we must apply. Willing is not enough, we must do.†“If you spend too much time thinking about a thing, you’ll never get it done.†“Knowledge will give you power, but character respect.â€There are plenty of people in this world who know what they have to do to get what they want. The few that succeed are those who develop a character of constant and deliberate action.

“The key to immortality is first living a life worth remembering.â€

You only have one life in this body so make the most of it by creating something that adds value to those around you.

Bruce Lee

I'm taking 9 months to just get used to moving again ha.

Trying to work out a sort of training schedule.

First six months I'm doing a muscle building plan as well as Boxing/MMA, but that's as far as I have got up to now

Dark Elf Monk (Level 1)

Your gym should be able to guide your development as a fighter. You have an MMA gym, right? Tell them from day 1 this is what y want.

I AM going the distance

'Cause all I wanna do is go the distance. Nobody's ever gone the distance with Creed, and if I can go that distance, you see, and that bell rings and I'm still standin', I'm gonna know for the first time in my life, see, that I weren't just another bum from the neighborhood.