Forums are back in action! ×

Apparently, I am becoming an inspiration at work

Yesterday, one of my co-workers that I don't see very often came up to me and told me that he had lost 21 pounds by changing his eating habits and exercising. He said that I was the reason that he decided to do something.

This is what he said to me: "No offense meant by this, but I thought if you could do it, I could do it." I laughed at that comment and replied that if I could do it, anyone could, as I admit that I was a mess a couple of years ago.

I have had a few other people approach me about my lifestyle changes, so hopefully I can help impact a few lives for the better. These types of comments really make me feel good about what I am doing (although feeling good in general is the main thing that keeps me going).

a lot of the people i work with are older guys who are indefinitely stuck in their ways so they just think i'm an idiot (when i say i'm a bit tired or sore) who eats 'weird' food (quinoa is dubbed 'birdseed') a few of my fellow apprentices work out and we chat and share advice which is pretty good, bit of competition as well (though one has gone on 'entry level' roids) but i know i'm doing well when people are surprised by what i lift at work (advisory health and safety limit is 25kg, from hip height which is depressingly light)