Forums are back in action! ×

Re-Skill at the New-U Station! - Gnometosser changing it up.

Guten Tag from Germany (currently Moscow)!

First of all I have to say: This site is amazing! I have read on here for about 2 months now, on and off. And I really like the approach.

I more or less new to frequent and scheduled training and I am trying to go from slim/skinny to athletic.
Currently I am residing in the German embassy of Moscow, and am working here for the summer. Also I am going to start working out and cleaning up my diet. Before it was "whatever is there". Pizza, fizzydrinks, Pasta, only the occasional salad and some half-hearted protein shake taken after a half-hearted workout every now and then, between gaming sessions of Borderlands 2. By being on this board I hope I can get some structure to my workout routine and diet, and somehow evolve into a healthy-eating Gunzerker: 

gunzerkerpaqfh.png

Not quite so bulky, of course. ;)

This is me now:

p1030331pnrpw.jpg

p10303359frly.jpg

p10303366nqox.jpg
You can see the difference to the gun wielding maniac ;)

I found the plan on the internet (german site):

1. Monday - Chest, Shoulders, Abs:

Chest
Bench Presses 10, 8 , 6
Dumbbell pullovers 10, 8, 6
Single Arm (in lack of dual machine) Chest fly, each side: 10, 10

Shoulders (front/sides)
Dumbell front raises 12, 10, 8
Sideraises 12, 10 ,8

Abs
Chrunches-machine 3x15-20 (rising weights)
Hanging Leg raises 3x15-20 (almost impossible for me, after the chrunches)

2. Wednesday - Back, Shoulders, Triceps

Back
Close-grip lat. pull-downs 10, 8, 6 (Are pull ups not better for this?)
Bent-over barbell rows 10, 8, 6
Hyperextensions 10, 10 (what is a good alternative for this? I used two sets of 10 deadlifts last week)

Shoulders
Bent-over sideraises 15, 12, 10

Triceps
French-presses 10, 8, 6
Triceps rope extensions 12, 10, 8

3. Friday Legs, Biceps

Legs
Leg raises 12, 10, 8
Squats 10, 8, 6 (on the guided rack)
Leg Curls 10, 8, 6

Biceps
Barbell Curls 10, 8, 6
Scottcurls 10, 8, 6

I have followed this plan for about 2 weeks now, and I am going to show you the weight numbers, after I've started tracking them today. Also I will do a little bit of leg work every single one of these three days because of the slight dysproportion I gained from "pull-ups only" workout I did before I found the gym I am going to:

p1030325fwokx.jpg

Diet-wise I am going to start Paleo-ing it up. I love my meats, and especially my Fishes (Tuna you brine soaked dream!) and will hopefully be able to keep up with home-cooking for lunch at work. :)
Today I will eat two chicken breasts with broccoli, Which I will take to work with me, tomorrow too.

Okay before I write too much I will just end it here. Hello Nerdfitness-Community!

Going to work out now,...

Cheers,

Gnometosser!

Health is more than the absence of sickness!

Archived