Forums are back in action! ×

Need opinions!

You see, the thing is... I have this goal weight in mind of 135-140. But my mom thinks that is too low...

I have used calculators based on wrist size that seem to say this is a good goal, but she is really pushing 150. 

When I was in high school I weighed about 140, but I had 11.5 kgs of excess breast tissue removed when I was 19. The reconstructive surgeon had me gain weight then (about 15 pounds) so that I could reach 24% body fat. My problem was that I kept gaining. 

My mom sits at a healthy weight when she is around 120 lbs... the thing is, I have a smaller rib cage than she does, so...

Do you guys think that my goal is a good one, or do you agree with my mom?

My husband is indifferent, he just doesn't want me to lose my butt or any more boob... (not much left to lose, surgeon stripped all of the fat and I was a 34D).

"I was taught that the way of progress was neither swift nor easy." ~~Marie Curie

"All great things are simple, and many can be expressed in single words: Freedom, Justice, Honour, Duty, Mercy, Hope. " ~~ Winston Churchill 

Level 1 Human Druid STR 1 DEX 1 STA 1 CON 2 WIS 3 CHA 2  (yes, human. Boring I know.)

Hey Crisci.  Here's a link that might give you some ideas...http://bradpilon.com/weight-loss/womens-body-ideal-measurements/

But on the same token, are you sure that a number on the scale is really what you're going for?  Have you looked at Spezzy's story recently?  Her 140 makes her 120 look ludicrous.  Maybe what you're going for is more of a BF%, or a strength/ability.  Don't confine yourself to numbers on a scale when there are so many other ways to measure yourself to be happy!

Hiraedd the Twice Risen:

Hamadryad; Pilgrim

battle log

Well, that article helped me feel better about my goal =D Thank you. 

I am planning on going by how I look and feel more than just the scale, but that is what people always ask me, "What's your goal weight?" So I figured one out. My real and true goal is to get down to a size 8, maybe a 6, jean. 

"I was taught that the way of progress was neither swift nor easy." ~~Marie Curie

"All great things are simple, and many can be expressed in single words: Freedom, Justice, Honour, Duty, Mercy, Hope. " ~~ Winston Churchill 

Level 1 Human Druid STR 1 DEX 1 STA 1 CON 2 WIS 3 CHA 2  (yes, human. Boring I know.)

That might be a little hard, considering the fact that I don't ever want to deadlift... lol

hmm, how would that translate into body weight work outs and/or yoga? ...

*ponders question*

Hey Crisci.  Here's a link that might give you some ideas...http://bradpilon.com/weight-loss/womens-body-ideal-measurements/

But on the same token, are you sure that a number on the scale is really what you're going for?  Have you looked at Spezzy's story recently?  Her 140 makes her 120 look ludicrous.  Maybe what you're going for is more of a BF%, or a strength/ability.  Don't confine yourself to numbers on a scale when there are so many other ways to measure yourself to be happy!

Awesome reference, thank you.

Level 2 Halfling Adventurer

Strength 1 Dexterity 1 Stamina 3 Constitution 4 Wisdom 3 Charisma 2

Current Challenge Thread

First Challenge Thread

Fit to Eat: my posts on the Sweatpants & Coffee Site

hmm, how would that translate into body weight work outs and/or yoga? ...

*ponders question*

What are some poses and BW stuff that you want to do, but aren't currently strong enough or flexible enough for. Working for something like a pistol or handstand will make you strong.

Wisdom 22.5   Dexterity 13   Charisma 15   Strength 21  Constitution-13

"Love the Lord your God with all your heart, and with all your soul, and with all your strength, and with all your mind' Luke 10; 27