Forums are back in action! ×

It's time to fly

Hello,

I'm Luminol and I finally want to be no longer sad to see another summer coming and not feeling ready for it! ;)

I've read NerdFitness for quite some time, but haven't been active in the forums. I often happen to fall into the cycle of training, failing, stopping

and want this to end. I'm struggling currently with working out a lot, but only gaining weight, also in front of the mirror :(
'm trying to live a paleo way, but still struggle with many things like drinking far too much coke light to not fall asleep while writing my thesis or

enjoying milk and cheese far too much. Also whenever I feel stressed, which currently happens a lot with work and studies, I tend to eat unhealthy,

I really want to work on that.

My real life support concerning paleo is only my best friend, all the others take a not so positive stance on this matter and often encourage me to eat

rice and bread, most of them don't understand, so I hope to find more morale support on the forums :)

I'm 28years old, I'm writing on my thesis in order to finish my master studies in computer science and work part time to afford it.
I love music more than life (prog rock for the win ^^), love reading books, especially sci-fi (currently reading Asimovs "Caves of Steel") and watching movies/series.
I can bake pretty well and love suprising my friends with it, I still have to find a way how to incorporate that into a healthy life style ^^ 
Whenever I'm not studying, working, falling asleep, I spend my time with my friends, mostly outdoors because I sit in rooms all day and need that extra bit of sunlight :)

My stats are:
Height: 1.69m = 5"7'

Weight: 67.9kg = 150Pounds

Well then, hello everyone and let's get working! :)
Greetings,
Luminol

I'm new around here but let me bid you a hearty "Welcome!" and wish you nothing but the best in reaching your goals!  Also, if you have any leftover baked goods.....

B. Mac Xtreme

Level 0 Lycan 

STR 0, DEX 0, STA 0, CON 0, WIS 0, CHA 0

“I am nothing but some small part of the service I have shown to others.†– Elminster of Shadowdale

Hullo there!

I know all about the cycle of training, failing and stopping - and also about the cycle of dieting, failing and stopping. You said you work out a lot - how much is a lot to you? Because I'm thinking that if you constantly work out too much, you're prone to burn yourself out and quit the whole thing. (Personally, I work out 6 days a week - bodyweight strengh training and interval running on alternating days - but it only takes like half an hour a day, which I've found keeps me active yet doesn't exhaust me.)

That aside, I love sci-fi too, especially robots! I have a novel in progress about them, too. Though Asimov I have a love-hate relationship with; I find his ideas brilliant, but he somehow manages to make 90% of the narrative very tedious, so I read on waiting for the genious reveal in the end while being bored in the meantime. :D

POLARIS - LEVEL 4 AVATAR WARRIOR/MONK

(currently visiting assassins) | Challenge Thread

"We must let go of the life we have planned, so as to accept the one that is waiting for us."

Archived