Forums are back in action! ×

Broke through it!!

So usually in one week these past 4 months, my weight would go down 2 lbs then go back up 1 lb, go down 2 lbs and so on and so on. I wouldn't say I use the scale to gauge progress, but more to track patterns in regard to my eating habits. 3 weeks ago I noticed that my weight hadn't changed at all for a solid week without a change in food intake and didn't know what had caused it.

Since I had increased my cardio and lifting, I decided to increase my calories thinking my body was going into starvation mode; weight still stayed the same. IT DROVE ME BONKERS!!!

In trying to keep my sanity, I took about a 2 week break from scale. The fucker wasn't doing me any good anyway, so had to pawn it off on my brother for safe keeping. So instead of using the scale to monitor my progress, I have been taking pictures of myself at my gym after my work outs and lifting.

Although I saw changes and my clothes still are becoming looser on me, that nagging bitch of a voice would always pop in my head "yeah, but what does the scale say?" - "SHUT IT, CUNT! I worked too damn hard to just give up now!"

Anyway, to subside my curiosity I got back on the scale yesterday and dropped another 2 lbs, finally breaking the plateau I've been on for the last 3 weeks.

Point being and what I'm taking from this is to be more humble about the changes I am making. Up until 3 weeks ago, I was cocky about what I was doing because it was getting me the progress that I wanted up until this point.

The first set back (for this go-around at least) and I pushed through it even when I was completely discouraged, it's made me feel stronger and more confident that I can persevere when I am challenged whether it's physically or mentally. 

That's my WOOT WOOT!!!

YAY!!! Awesome WOOT! 

"I was taught that the way of progress was neither swift nor easy." ~~Marie Curie

"All great things are simple, and many can be expressed in single words: Freedom, Justice, Honour, Duty, Mercy, Hope. " ~~ Winston Churchill 

Level 1 Human Druid STR 1 DEX 1 STA 1 CON 2 WIS 3 CHA 2  (yes, human. Boring I know.)