Forums are back in action! ×

Werewolves

Guest Dirty Deads

Guest Dirty Deads

So, I am somewhat werewolf obsessed and love fiction based around them. I can't find much though. I decided I can't stand most vampire books. I do love zombie books, but the genre is getting played out.

So, anyone know of some good werewolf books? I'd accept some other form of theriantrope style horror too.

I've only read Frostbite and Overwinter by David Wellington so far and loved them. Loved his Monster Island series too, but can't get into The Laura Caxton series (I really don't dig vampires no matter how...UNsparkly they are)

Werewolf books, Go!

'The Last Werewolf' and 'Talulla Rising' both by Glen Duncan are pretty good (they get a bit raunchy though but hey, primal instincts etc 'sgonna happen) and they're proper werewolves but they're also people so there's the whole 'F***killeat' thing going on when they change and the rest of the time they're avoiding anti werewolf government agencies and vampires and dealing with the hormones and, to a degree, the morality of it all.

Check out:

The Hyde Effect and its sequel Shapes by Steve Vance (kindle version is less than $4) were a nice little twist on the werewolf ledgends.

If you want a different twist on Vampire story check out Brian Lumley's Necroscope Saga (fyi - not kid friendly stories I'd put most at either hard R or NC-17 rating)

"My mind has changed My body's frame but God I like it

My hearts aflame My body's strained but God I like it"