Forums are back in action! ×

So I've come to discover I don't have much of an attention span.  I like to keep changing things and keep progressing.  I've been doing the same workout for about 4 weeks now.  I'm to the point where I can start upping my weights or adding more reps to make it more challenging, but I'm a little bored with my workout routine.  I still have the drive and ambition to continue working out and I've already got a plan for a 'new' workout figured out.  But what do you all do to beat the boredom?  I'd like to not change my workout entirely every month, so any suggestions would be awesome!

I'll be honest I've never understood this mentality.  

But I find I do a variety of HIIT workouts- or AMRAP workouts coupled with my traditional "boring" lift workouts.

What I would recommend is including some body weight only/HIIT/AMARAP/CF style workouts.  There are endless combinations and you can always make a harder variation for one exercise rather than just scrapping the whole thing.

:) 

Or change your workout environment- I'm always amused when i got to a new gym and I'm like... ummmm where the frak is the pull up bar again.  easily not boring.  But I'm simple- I don't require much. 

I personally do my workouts at home.  It could very well be my environment, since I also work from home.  I just don't care for the gym's that are in my driving range and the one I do like doesn't have any kind of childcare.  I do believe 4 weeks is a bit too soon to be changing a workout plan and I'm not doing myself any real big favors.  This is also my first time successfully starting a workout plan that is working and every time I've gotten bored before, I just quit.  Since I have around 75+ lbs to lose still (already down 20 woot!  :positive: ), I really really don't want to lose my momentum again. 

I actually LOVE the idea of Crossfit and really hope to join the ranks one day!  That definitely wouldn't be 'boring!  My weight has banged up my knees quite a bit since I've been overweight for a long time though.  If I get too strenuous, too fast, I end up having pains that won't let me sleep for a day or two.  It's lessening with weight loss, but still a concern.

So at the moment I feel my answer is to change up my workout routine a bit and keep focusing mostly on my diet.

The last time I went to a gym (over a year ago or more), I got stuck in the adductor machine and almost tipped the stupid thing over to get out of it.  Definitely was not a boring visit!  :redface-new: