Forums are back in action! ×

San Francisco, anyone?

I've never been to the west coast before, so I'm fixing that. I'm going to fly to San Francisco in mid-August, and while I'm going to visit a friend in Napa for the second half of my trip, I'd like to explore SF a bit. 

Does anybody have any recommendations for places to eat or see? Preferably within walking distance from downtown, as I'm staying in a hostel and I'd like to not spend a ton on transportation. Thanks :)

Wood Elf - Level 1 Ranger

Blue Belt in pushups

STR: 2   DEX: 2   STA: 3   CON: 2   WIS: 3   CHA: 3 

flickrfacebook | blog

I've spent a fair bit of time in and around SF - what are you in to? Most of what I found awesome was a bit of a hike from downtown though (Alum rock park, for example - near San Jose, but I saw my first wild Bobcat, and rattle snake there - quite exciting for someone from Aus...) - so a car can be handy - even for a day...

Having said that - if you are in to coffee, check out Four Barrel or Ritual, both in the Mission, on Valencia. There is also a food truck park with an awesome range of different food trucks all the time (also in the Mission - near Best Buy). I'm not s much in to the Fisherman's Wharf thing, personally, but it's worth going once, if just to see the sea lions...

Oh, and what is your idea of "walking distance"? this tends to vary wildly...

Z...