Forums are back in action! ×

Well, where to begin?

I'm a gamer and a bookworm and a robot afficionado, and now as a (still mostly) new mom, currently not working, I find myself sitting down as much as I did before my daughter and when I was still employed at a desk job.

And I have a desperate need to get that turned around!

I'll admit it right off - I gained 70 pounds during pregnancy. But! I'm only 25 away from where I once was. But with the big one-year mark coming up and I'm still wearing maternity clothes, I decided that I need to change. My husband directed me here, and after a week of lurking around and checking things out, I knew this would be the place to go for inspiration and help. :)

A few things I've figured out so far: taping pictures of myself on my mirror, so I see them and know what I'm trying to get away from. And right next to those, some of my gaming heroines so that I have inspiration (and an image to work towards!) When playing with my daughter on the floor, I do some planks, butterflies, or push-ups.

I told myself when I joined up here that I wasn't going to weigh myself for a month, but with the next six-week challenge coming up I think I'll wait until the end of that instead. But more than that, the end of the challenge is when I'll take more pictures of myself, and see what's become of me in that time.

I'm pretty sure I'm just rambling at this point, so forgive my aimless meandering. I'm not good at exposition, what can I say?

tl;dr - Hello, fellow nerds, let's have fun getting fit!

LadyInRedArmor, level 1 Robot 
STR 0|DEX 0|STA 0|CON 0|WIS 0|CHA 0

Welcome to the Rebellion! I'm new myself and have some work to do on myself too! I wish you luck, and once you get your goals figured out I'd love to swap stories and encourage each other! :D

Level 1 Lycanthrope Adventurer

Current Attributes : STR 3 | DEX 2 | STA 1 | WIS 3 | INT 3 | CHA 3

It is during our darkest moments that we must focus to see the light.
Aristotle Onassis

...Fresh out of stories right now! I am, however, eager to join up with this!

http://nerdfitnessrebellion.com/index.php?/topic/32956-july-2013-to-december-2013-battle-of-the-titans-race-to-5k/

I've never been a fan of cardio unless I have some good music to jam to, so I at least THINK that working with others to run better will be a good start to enjoying it!

Level 1 Lycanthrope Adventurer

Current Attributes : STR 3 | DEX 2 | STA 1 | WIS 3 | INT 3 | CHA 3

It is during our darkest moments that we must focus to see the light.
Aristotle Onassis

Archived