Forums are back in action! ×

Happy with my run!

I see lots of weight lifting and weight loss Woots in this forum, so its about time for a running one too!  :rapture:

I've just gotten back from a lazy 2month holiday and was registered for a Half Marathon this morning. It's a big event with 25,000 people for the multiple distances being run. Its fun, so I didnt want to pull out.

But getting back from holiday and having 2 weeks (was sick for the week immediately after getting home) and trying to prepare was a nightmare.

So how did I go this morning with the run? Well I got a new P.B, 1:43.50 for the Half Marathon, nice, but thats not even my Woot.

My challenge is always a mental one. I start to struggle and drop off the pace, and even though I finish strong I can never make up for that lost time mid-race.

So what was my Woot then? I was really happy with my run! Expecting to perform poorly meant nothing once I was across the start line, and I kept a solid <5:00p/km pace the entire run and even finished with a 4:19 last kilometre.  :nevreness: