Forums are back in action! ×

Good morning!

Hi guys! I'm really happy to be here! 

I suppose I should tell a bit about myself, huh? Personally, I'm 28, and a teacher at a residential treatment facility for 6-20 year olds. Specifically my class is for middle school borderline, suicidal, self harming girls with PTSD, abuse, etc issues in their past.  I live in North Central Indiana and have 5 dogs between me and my girlfriend.

Physically - I was a runner in high school - not very good, but good enough to do a bit over 3 miles in a little under 18 minutes. At graduation, I was a skinny-fat 180. :Bartending (free beer/pizza), smoking like it's my job, and basic sedentary-ness in college got me up to  220, and despite half-assed efforts, got me up to 240 last summer. Then, I moved and discovered the paleo diet. By sticking to paleo 80ish% and biking to work each day (about 20 miles/day), I'm back down to 217ish. Unfortunately, due to some administrators who would rather abuse their staff than help a new school, I found myself back at the residential.  So, I'm living 40 miles away from work, and am finding little time to work out during the day.

Also, before you ask, I quit smoking almost 3 years ago, and quit drinking completely as part of my new year's resolution this last January. Haven't had a drink all year - even at my 10 year high school reunion!

Here's the idea - I'm wanting to lose weight and gain muscle while being able to get back down to an 18 minute 5k. I realize that this isn't going to happen overnight, but through decreasing my SAD intake and doing more bodyweight exercises, I'm hoping to get to a good place.  I joined the boards after lurking for a while in order to join the next 6 week challenge - I think my goals will be to do one stinkin' pullup, run a 5k without stopping, to stick to a paleo diet 95% of the time, and to do some form of exercise 5 days a week. 

Anyway, thanks for reading this far - I know it's a lot.

Level 1 Orc Adventurer STR:1 DEX:2 STA:1 CON:3 WIS:5 CHA:3

Archived