Forums are back in action! ×

Hello Internet!

I just posted over on the "Tell me about the guilds" forum, but I thought I should formally introduce myself here as well. My fitness history has been a bit all over the place. I went through a phase in high school (as many girls do) of dissatisfaction with my body and trying to lose weight in an unhealthy way. Since then I have become very passionate about the importance of having health, and not appearance, as a motivator for exercising and eating well. I think that is part of the reason I love the philosophy of NF so much. 

I did Couch to 5k about two years ago and since then have been running 5k about once a week, but not timing myself or pushing myself to go any faster or longer, partly because I keep slacking off for a couple weeks and then just running 5k feels like a challenge again! I also had a cheap university gym membership for six months last year and during that time experimented with Zumba, Boxing and the rowing and elliptical machines. Unfortunately, because I was intimidated by the big scary boys I didn't go near the free weights section once (stupid past self!) I have recently started going partner dancing once a week and although I'm not great at it, I have a lot of fun. Not long ago I discovered Nerd Fitness and the whole philosophy of the rebellion really resonated with me. I did the Beginner Bodyweight circuit for the first time last night and loved it! (I am really feeling the DOMS today, and I love that too!) I am very keen to continue with Bodyweight circuits 3x a week. As you can probably guess from my mixed-up exercise experiences, I definitely identify with the "jack-of-all-trades" philosophy of the Rangers. My long-term goals will include both running longer and faster and becoming stronger.

I am excited to be here and look forward to a lifetime of "Leveling up"! 

Level 4 Halfling Ranger

"I see the girl running, with no shoes on her feet, jumping shade to shadow, in this deafening heat." - Passenger 

Leveling upppp Ranger!

Wellcome

“Do not pray for an easy life, pray for the strength to endure a difficult one.â€

“Knowing is not enough, we must apply. Willing is not enough, we must do.†“If you spend too much time thinking about a thing, you’ll never get it done.†“Knowledge will give you power, but character respect.â€There are plenty of people in this world who know what they have to do to get what they want. The few that succeed are those who develop a character of constant and deliberate action.

“The key to immortality is first living a life worth remembering.â€

You only have one life in this body so make the most of it by creating something that adds value to those around you.

Bruce Lee

Archived