Forums are back in action! ×

So, I tend to spend most of my time either watching TV, playing on the computer, and reading. I sit/lounge a lot. I also eat like a kid designed my grocery list. I've been overweight all my life, but it's just getting worse with time. At 28, it's only going to get harder to change from here. So I better start now.

In high school I was in ROTC and absolutely loved it. I miss the feeling of accomplishing something I thought would be impossible. I also used to walk everywhere. Now I get in the car to go less than a mile to the convenience store.

I'm lucky that I've stayed relatively healthy, but my smoking it definitely taking its toll. It takes me forever to get over any cold, I never even used to get them. My aunt has diabetes and my mom has to deal with hypo-thyroidism, I don't want to follow in their steps.

About 6 years ago I managed to stick with a diet that worked really well for me. I lost 30 pounds in about 2 months. But it was a fad diet, not a life-style change and I gained it all back, plus much more. I've always been hesitant to commit to working out or dieting. I've watched my mom yo-yo through every diet plan out there and I never wanted to be stuck in that cycle. So instead I just didn't do anything. And now I'm paying.

I'm really quite excited about this site. And I think that's important. I've never been excited about getting healthy. All I could think about is what I would be giving up. Now all I can think about is what I get to do. What I'll be gaining from this. Not only will I be fixing my body, but my whole life. That's one thing I thought was awesome about this site, It encourages all over changes, but not all at once.

I've blathered on enough. I'm so excited to start on this new journey with all of you.

Lvl 2 Demigod

Child of Aries

/ STR 1 / DEX 1.75 / STA 2 / CON 5 / WIS 4 / CHA 2 /

Challenges:

Current Challenge

Accountability Groups:

Companions in Training

Hello fellow nerd! 

Firstly, let me compliment you on your awesome profile picture -  I am a huge Doctor Who fan. I am also new to this site(joined today actually).

Having quit smoking nearly 6 months ago, I am compelled to recommend the book that helped me - The Easy Way to Stop Smoking by Allen Carr. Sounds lame but this book did truly change my outlook on smoking and addictions in general. 

Anyway, welcome and wish you the best on your journey to healthier living!

Hello fellow nerd! 

Firstly, let me compliment you on your awesome profile picture -  I am a huge Doctor Who fan. I am also new to this site(joined today actually).

Having quit smoking nearly 6 months ago, I am compelled to recommend the book that helped me - The Easy Way to Stop Smoking by Allen Carr. Sounds lame but this book did truly change my outlook on smoking and addictions in general. 

Anyway, welcome and wish you the best on your journey to healthier living!

The Doctor is where I get some of my inspiration. I could never keep up with him as I am now :D

Congratulations on quitting. I know, that makes you pretty bad ass. I'll check into the book. Thank you for the recommendation. I have definitely let my addictions control me for too long.

And welcome to you. I wish you good luck and big rewards.

Lvl 2 Demigod

Child of Aries

/ STR 1 / DEX 1.75 / STA 2 / CON 5 / WIS 4 / CHA 2 /

Challenges:

Current Challenge

Accountability Groups:

Companions in Training