Forums are back in action! ×

Wherein 'Nut Up' Is Selected Over 'Shut Up'

Alrighty then, here we go. Like so many other things in my life as of late, if I don't do this now, i never will.

My name is Steve, and I've been a big dude for pretty much as long as I can remember. I hovered around 280-300lbs for the duration of high school, but things really went off the rails after I graduated. Long story short, some drama went down, and I picked up some nasty eating and drinking habits that took me a long while to kick.

In that time, my weight peaked at around 380lbs. It really hit home when I met up with some friends I hadn't seen in a long time, and the first thing that was said was 'Jesus Steve, what the hell happened? You're huge!' Since then, I've spent a good amount of time waffling back and forth between exercise routines, but one thing I did manage was reducing my intake to the tune of almost 40lbs.

He doesn't know it yet, but JohnnyConfidence is the one who roped me into this whole NerdFitness thingy. It kept showing up in tweet after tweet, so curiosity kicked in and brought me here. Which lead to reading. Then more reading. Then, some considered alterations to purchases at the grocery, and more reading. An occasional walk somewhere. Further reading. Then, I finally freed up some cash to throw at Steve [ONE OF US] for the Rebel Fitness Guide.

Further rambling aside, it comes down to this; I'm 23, 6'1", and 343lbs as of this writing. The last 6 months has seen me refuse to remain complacent in almost all aspects of my life - that's a story for another time. That being said though, why stop at my health and body?

As for battle plans, I'm doing my damndest to phase overprocessed foods out of the rotation here - a difficult task with two equally sedentary roommates. I've been somewhat lax with it at times, but I'm also tracking my intake and any exercise on MyFitnessPal, [the only site for such things I found to have an Android app for ze phone] and now, broadcasting this to a good sized audience to keep myself accountable, for once.

This should be interesting.

Level 42 [31 Fitocrat/11 Enforcer]Twitter : Fitocracy : MyFitnessPal : Current challenge"You fools! You can't kill what's already dead!"