Forums are back in action! ×

Manic Panic hair dye

Does anyone else on here use Manic Panic's hair dye? If so, are you finding that the new formula (in the squeezy bottles, not the little fat tubs) is, well, crap?

I bleach my hair and then use Shocking Blue Amplified formula and it's always been great - evenly fading all over after a few weeks.

However, the new format/formula/whateverthey'vedonewithit very quickly starts to turn purpley and then pink anywhere it comes into contact with a lot of sweat (i.e. around my hairline and at the end of my ponytail, where it brushes against my back). Seeing as I exercise a lot and sweat loads, I now only have all-over properly blue hair for a few days after I dye it.

Basically, I'm wondering whether I have a dodgy batch or whether I should complain to the company properly. I love their dyes and I'm so disappointed I can't keep my blue nice and even any more.

Anyone else had this problem?

Questionable Hobbitʉۢ Level 0ʉۢ Aspiring Warrior

STR 0 â€¢ DEX 0 â€¢ STA 0 â€¢ CON 0 â€¢ WIS 0 • CHA 00

Challenge Log: Puddletheduck stops waddling and starts bouncing (flying will come later)0

"Life's too short to be fat and miserable."

Thanks for the replies. Hadn't heard of Special Effects so I might give that a go. Meanwhile, complaining to MP also seems sensible. Thanks :) 

Questionable Hobbitʉۢ Level 0ʉۢ Aspiring Warrior

STR 0 â€¢ DEX 0 â€¢ STA 0 â€¢ CON 0 â€¢ WIS 0 • CHA 00

Challenge Log: Puddletheduck stops waddling and starts bouncing (flying will come later)0

"Life's too short to be fat and miserable."

I used Manic Panic to brighten up my hair color when I was a redhead - I'd put it over the permanent red dye bi-weekly or so. And I don't know if it was just that particular shade or what, but it would not come off. I mean, from anywhere else besides hair. Once, I was in a hurry and just threw it in my hair when I was taking a shower, without gloves, which resulted in me having bright pink face and hands, and I couldn't wash it off. No soap, no make-up remover, not even nail polish remover could get it out. The only thing that eventually worked was toothpaste.

Toothpaste is the nemesis of hair dye. So far, I've gotten every dye, permanent or not, out of walls/skin/whatever with toothpaste. (Also works on acne spots. It's like miracle cream. ...Still doesn't whiten my teeth, though.)

POLARIS - LEVEL 4 AVATAR WARRIOR/MONK

(currently visiting assassins) | Challenge Thread

"We must let go of the life we have planned, so as to accept the one that is waiting for us."

I second bringing it up with the company. Even if you don't get something free out of it, if its a product you loved I think it's worth telling them when the quality is lacking.

But I will also second trying special effects! When I dyed my hair my amazing hair dresser friend made me get special effects dye. Great stuff.