Forums are back in action! ×

Foam rollers

Pool noodle + Broom handle = cheap and easy foam roller.

Lacrosse balls are 100% hard rubber. And hurt like hell. I played in my younger days and stopped many a thrown ball on the arms. Welts for weeks. Bit smaller than a tennis ball, but for all intents and purposes the same size. But the hurt factor is turned up to 11.

"Pull the bar like you're ripping the head off a god-damned lion" - Donny Shankle

Not really. You can go all out and get something like the Rumble Roller (http://www.rumbleroller.com/) but the vast majority are just as good as any other. You can even go super hardcore and use PVC pipe!

GDAMN!

I recently got a piece of black foam. I have been rolling out my ITBand. It hurts like a mofo. I couldn't imagine a PVC Pipe on my ITBand at the moment. I absolutely love rolling out my back with the foam roller. Feels SOO good and seems to re-allign me.

Time to climb.

PVC pipe hurts, but in a good way :) Seriously, you'll feel like a new person after 15 secs on a PVC roller. Or you'll at least you'll wish you were a new person. Someone who isn't you, didn't just roll with a PVC tube, and isn't in the seventh circle of neuromuscular agony.

Really anything that is tubular and slightly compressible will suffice, don't instantly think you need to buy a bespoke piece of equipment. I got a 50p tube of foam pipe insulation and it works a treat.

Are you eating while your reading this?