Forums are back in action! ×

Finding the right community for me! :D

Hiya!

My name is Theresa and I think I finally found the right community for me!

Here is my epic journey so far:

The beginning:

post-19827-0-54270900-1374686242_thumb.j

April, 2012:

I started out on my quest at a whopping 191lbs and finally decided that stepping on the scale and seeing that number was depressing. o.0

I joined a gym with a friend of mine and we started to work out together and eat healthier for ourselves. 2 months later we were 15lbs down and pretty proud of ourselves. Unfortunately we got a little side tracked after our vacation. We continued to work out, but the eating right started to slip.

September 2012:

My friend and I ran the Warrior Dash and kicked some major butt! We were really proud of ourselves and wanted to keep doing great things! However, things started to slip again when we were back in our Master’s programs that following fall.

December 2012:

After eating way too much at a meal right before Christmas, my friend and I decided that we needed to start being better about the food and working out. We enrolled in weight watchers that same day and started on the right track the day after Christmas.

January 2013- May 2013:

In this short amount of time I had lost 31.5lbs! Totaling about 50lbs! I could really start to see the changes especially in photos!

Mid-May 2013-July 2013:

Graduation day was where it started to go downhill. Since that point I have struggled to get back on the healthy train and eating healthy took a toll. I was able to continue to work out and in fact increased my workouts; however, this seemed to counteract the not eating super great. I enrolled in Russian Kettlebells (and absolutely love it) and Cardio Kick-boxing. I am also running upwards of 6.5-7 miles every other day.

Present:

This past weekend I ran and finished the Tough Mudder. It is one of my favorite goals that I have accomplished and it is farther than I have ever run, even when I was in cross country in high school. My cousin who was also running the Mudder, mentioned the Paleo Diet… so I started my internet joy ride and research on the subject which landed me here!

So here I am!

post-19827-0-14776100-1374686102_thumb.j

I am looking to get back on track with eating the right things, toning my body and building moar muscle!

Cheers!

-Theresa

Katara Ravenot

Level 3 Tiefling Ranger

STR 3|DEX 3|STA 7|CON 6|WIS 6|CHA 4

Challenge #2

Challenge #1 

75%
75%

Half Marathon Training 9.75/13.1 miles

60%
60%

Deadlift: 120/200 lbs

“Rocks in my path? I keep them all. With them I shall build my castle.†― Nemo Nox 

Congrats on finishing a Tough Mudder! I've been looking at that off-and-on for a while now; it seems pretty cool. It sounds like you're on your way on your epic quest. Keep up the good work!

Also, where was that picture with the wolf statue taken? It looks familiar, but could just be a random coincidence ...

Level 1 Human Onion Knight

Str 1, Dex 0, Sta 3, Con 2, Wis 3, Cha 1

Threads: Introduction | Challenge | The Brigade

Other Sites: Fitocracy | MyFitnessPal