Forums are back in action! ×

New recruit, falling in!

Hey all!

I figured I'd introduce myself here before possibly becoming an active member in the forums. I've been reading the NF blog for quite some time now and just a few weeks ago, I decided to take the leap and change my body. I ran my first full marathon back on May 15th of this year, and after a week of recovery, I decided to commit to a strict workout routine and nutrition plan.

I've always been underweight, probably because I'm pretty cheap with food and I'm a very active person with running, biking everywhere, and walking several miles each day. I am 5'11" and I started at 139lbs, so you can imagine how skinny I was and looked. I've started to eat much healthier (lots of chicken, salmon, tuna, lean steak, red potatoes, etc) and drinking lots of whole milk. Whole milk is pure deliciousness, so that wasn't hard for me, and I'm glad I'm doing it.

I'm also doing the Stronglifts 5x5 plan (I'm sure people here have tried/done that?), and I'm continually seeing gains. I'm at 150 lbs now after 5 weeks of lifting weights and eating more (gain of 11 lbs!), which I'm really proud of!

My overall goals:

• Get to a solid/steady 155 without water weight
  • Maintain my very low body fat % (the milk might be an issue...)
  • Squat 1.5x my body weight (235 once I've gained the weight)
  • Bench my body weight

I'm happy to be a part of the forums now, and I can't wait to meet all of you!

~Sean Kelly

edit-

I've been reading the boards, and I keep seeing references to various "levels." Is this part of a blog post I missed or is it from the book or what? Thanks!

Wood Elf - Level 1 Ranger

Blue Belt in pushups

STR: 2   DEX: 2   STA: 3   CON: 2   WIS: 3   CHA: 3 

flickrfacebook | blog

Welcome to the Rebellion Srkelly. Have you checked out the what is your profession post yet?, you may define your ultimate goal in more detail with it.

The levels you have read throughout the site are difficulty levels. They come from the common classification of most exercises.

Jesuschrist is the most wonderful and complex person as of date,anyone can learn from him- paraphrased from The Master of Emotion

www.cultivatinglashinibana.wordpress.com A log about my weekly japanese learning via Kanji study, and reading manga in japanese of course. Updated every Sunday.

Current Challenge:http://nerdfitness.com/community/showthread.php?4867-Staff-Purge