Forums are back in action! ×

So that happened...

So. Been reading the NF blog for a few months now. Decided to step up my game and join the forums here, maybe do some challenges and push myself a little harder. 

I've been slowly making changes to my life since Feb. I started by just cutting a couple items from my diet (frozen lunches and my morning bagel & cream cheese). Then I started counting calories. Then I started running. Now I'm Paleo (though sort of modified), and supplementing my running with sprints and bodyweight circuits. I've dropped almost 20 lbs and a pants-size since Feb, and I've gained some muscle. 

Still looking for a good avatar, but who I am: 5'2" 157 lb female hobbit wannabe assassin (according to the quiz :P). 

I'm interested in improving my eating habits even more, learning more about weight training (no gym access, so I need to do things that can be done with little/no equipment), and tracking measurements that aren't weight (eg body fat %, circumference). 

I'm planning to dive right in to the upcoming challenge on the 29th, so hopefully see you guys there!

Level 2 Hobbit Assassin

STR 2 | DEX 2 | STA 2 | CON 3 | WIS 3 | CHA 2

Current ChallengeFirst Challenge

Hello Eluial!  I'm a newbie, too.  Your journey sounds familiar, as I am making some small changes gradually working toward paleo eating and increasing my strength.  Good luck in your quest!

Level 2 Amazon Druid

STR 4|DEX 1|STA 1|CON 3|WIS 3|CHA 1

My 1st Challenge - Ring Toss, Anyone?     My 2nd Challenge - Jodi's Two Towers     My Battle Log     My Tribe - The Dai-Gurren Brigade

At times, you become almost certain that you slabbed this hillside three days ago, crossed this stream yesterday, clambered over this fallen tree at least twice today already. But most of the time you don’t think. No point. Instead, you exist in a kind of mobile Zen mode, your brain like a balloon tethered with string, accompanying but not actually part of the body below. Walking for hours and miles becomes as automatic, as unremarkable, as breathing. At the end of the day you don’t think, 'Hey, I did sixteen miles today,' any more than you think, 'Hey, I took eight-thousand breaths today.' It’s just what you do.â€

Bill Bryson, A Walk in the Woods