Forums are back in action! ×

Hola, newb to all of this, excited to be here

My name is Inigo Montaya. You killed my father. Prepare to die.

I mean...

Hola, my name is Misu, both in every game I've ever played (including xbox gamer tag, no numbers here - I was MISU, 4 characters, go me), as well as IRL.  I'm here because I was introduced to this site by the guy I'm seeing, and I have to say, this place is awesome. I haven't had the time to delve into every forum, but I'm loving what I've seen so far - and I joined the newb challenge starting in a couple of days, so I'm stoked about that.

I prefer fantasy/sci-fi/fps type games, and there was a time I was the best freaking healing priest and druid in WoW. But life has required my attention elsewhere, so my time for fun stuff is very limited. I have to actually pick and choose and schedule fun things like game time, reading time and dates. BOO!   But, I'll forever be the eccentric gamer everyone's always known and loved.

I've been on my health and fitness journey for quite a while - going on 3 years now, in fact.  I won't go too much into details, as my past is just....ugh.  But, I will say, I've successfully dropped 85 lbs over the last 3 years or so, which is only some of the weight I gained after a pretty serious back injury in my mid 20's, which left me in a wheelchair for a while and in severe pain. Pain that the likes of morphine and cortisol shots couldn't do a thing for, except make me fatter and thus create more pain. Weee vicious cycle!  I eventually qualified for a pretty serious surgery on my back. How serious? L5 and S1 vertebrates required partial removal.  So each one is only half of what God gave me. I was also told - while being put under for surgery, might I add....that was fun - that when I woke up from surgery, I might wake up paralyzed from the waist down. By the grace of God, I woke up fully functional.  And in much less pain. But severely limited.  I was also told that by age 40, I'd be in a wheelchair. I'll be 38 in September, and that ain't happening.  No sir.  I'm in much better health now, at 37 (going on 38) than I was at 26 when a stupid injury changed my life forever.  I know I can do this. I've already done quite a bit on my own.  It hasn't been easy, but I've never really been the type that simply accepts what an authority figure tells me.

I'm happy to be here, and look forward to making new friends and creating/surpassing new goals.  Thank you for this site. I love that there is a fitness site for people like me.

Xeph Ranger

Misu gets good at getting out of fire - My very first challenge!

Full Metal Penguins - Because I need backup

Battle Log - Proof I can dodge walls of fire

"What happens to you doesn't define you - how you react does."