Forums are back in action! ×

Hello....looking for a place to chronicle my path and my struggles against gravity and genetics as I look to get back into shape again after a life-altering injury.

I have always been a fairly athletic person and in decent shape. About two years ago, I totally destroyed my right knee playing basketball....

I tore the ACL. I tore the MCL. I tore my meniscus in two places.

The first reconstructive surgery involved some hardware (screws and whatnot) and the removal of a hunk of my meniscus.

I then rehabbed for two months so that I could have another surgery in order to clean out the scar tissue and try to get me closer to a "normal" range of motion.

Over the next year, I went in for regular rehab......but I did nothing else.....and I got fat....(for me that is).

At the start of 2012, I decided it was time to lose some weight...and boy did I....I lost over 50 pounds by July....yay right!?!?

Welp, I didn't have the workout urge....so I just got skinny fat....lol

Life got complicated and I gained it all back that fall and winter. :(

Which brings us to 2013.....reboot.

This year, I have been putting it all together. Weight training and have really gotten nutrition figured out in supporting my long-term goal: recomp.

I have really been in the groove over the last 3 months and have shed a ton of fat and added some serious mass.

I am looking forward to jumping into the fray in the challenges......I love having other to interact with, share knowledge....and most importantly....compete.

Nothing steams my boiler like some good 'ol fashioned friendly competition. :)

I am probably an old man by the standards of this site.....but I hope I can share what I have learned over the years in all of the things that worked for me.....and those that were horrible failures....lol....as you get to know me, you will see that I love doing experiments on myself....

In fact, a quick-reference for my personality type:

- I love doing experiments......especially the kind that draw from multiple disciplines.....like how does my nutrition effect my strength and so forth

- I am mildly obsessive about data.....I keep food spreadsheets, workout logs, etc....

- I like to help people. I have learned through trail and error many things over the years....and I like to share....namely help others.

Anyhoo....sorry for the wall 'o text.....

Hope to dialogue, share, learn....and of course.......fight the never ending war against gravity!!! :mad-new:

Cheers,

-Michael

Sculptor - Warrior

LVL 4 | STR 10 | DEX 8 | WIS 12 | CHA 8 | STA 1 | CON 6

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------