Forums are back in action! ×

Greetings folks.

I've been working (admittedly not as hard as I should) on getting my weight back down for the last year and a half, and at the start, it was cutting back on fats and sugars. Not necessarily buying 'low fat' style things, but just looking for premade canned stuff with far less 'extra' ingrediants, and replacing my really bad snack cookies and crackers with .. well, admittedly, still some saltines, but usually things like chopped green and red peppers, organic no-fat refried beans, and mini-wheat style knockoff cereals. For the first four months, I was making every-other-day usage of my salvaged weight machine, but when the weight loss stopped solid and dead after two months, I started to trail off.

Those first two months, I lost 20 pounds.. and I haven't been able to budge my weight out of a 5 pound range around that in the last 15 months. I'm frustrated with myself, and when I stumbled on here while looking for something RPG related that I already forget about, it got my attention. I took a look at the beginner's paleo-diet bit, and at various other articles, and decided, "What the hey. Lets cut down on the bread/grain products at least, and try to replace them with vegetable heavy instead." I won't likely increase the fat intake, but getting myself even more into snacking and food replacing with vegetable stuff can't be a bad thing, no matter what school of dietary habit one follows, or so I wager.

Part of the problem with going into a meat and fresh fish heavy diet for me, is cost. When your food planning is via food stamps, you have to be a bit careful.

So! Over the next two months, from here to my birthday on 08-22, I'm going to try switching things around like that. I'm going to exercise, at least 10 minutes, preferably 30 minutes, every day, with bike riding being the alternate day activity from anything else. Hopefully, I can nudge the forums to help me figure out exercises and positioning for my home gym finally, to use in addition to the body weight exercises..

As a precurser to joining, I did -some- of the bit from ' http://nerdfitness.com/blog/2009/07/17/no-gym-no-problem-bodyweight-exercises-and-the-nerd-fitness-challenge/ ' level 1.

20 Jumping Jacks

1 Pull up (replaced with pull down bar on the home gym at absolute maximum weight.. which I'll have to look up, three times)

20 Squats (hands out in front)

20 Push ups (5 in, had to switch to 'from the knees', instead of the toes)

20 Lunges (10 each leg)

20 Decline Pushups & 1 Chin up (Replaced with the pull down bar, another 12 times, stopping when I couldn't pull it down again. Nearly gave up on the first set of pushups, so a new set was right bloody out.)

20 more Jumping Jacks

With my head swimming, at the 5:34 stopwatch mark.. well.. It's a nice burny feeling in the legs and arms, I think one set will be it for now, and a good enough way of saying, 'Hey, thanks for the articles, and videos that are helping make body weight exercises clear to the uninformed!'. ^_^

We'll see if I end up making a 'log' post somewhere or not.

- Shirra / David