Forums are back in action! ×

Despite not knowing a thing about gaming (is that blasphemous?), I have quirky tendencies all the same, such as reading excessively, cooking everything from scratch, and spewing obscure historical information to uninterested audiences.

In the last couple of years, I went from the high end of a normal BMI, to underweight, to the low end of normal. Now I want to build muscle, increase my flexibility and improve my endurance. Essentially, I want to be the ultimate Assassin (with the occasional meanderings into Druid and Monk territory to round out my deadliness.) My major barrier is the fact that I've been diagnosed with an arthritic condition. It's pretty mild, but it still puts a damper on things. No excuses, though!

I do all the cooking and food shopping in my family, giving me complete control of the kitchen (cue evil cackling). My diet is completely unprocessed and plant-based, but I sometimes struggle to remember "hara hachi bu" - eat only until 80% full. That's what Okinawans remind themselves before eating. Maimonides wrote something similar - overeating even healthy food is tremendously damaging. Problem is that when I was really careful, I lost too much weight. As in everything balance is key, I guess.

Long-winded intro over. You can now go back to whatever you were doing before.