Forums are back in action! ×

Hey yall,

Part nerd/part crazy wanderer here. Native Texan currently based in Seattle 70% of the time and Cairo 30%. I've been a long time lurker and reader of the site but decided to finally get involved in the community. 

A quick snapshot of my fitness journey so far:

I'm 6'3" and originally weighed about 245 pounds. I'm down to 213 and feel great but definitely still have a journey ahead of me. This site was central to that transformation and I really liked the down to earth and easy to read information it provided me. I'm trying to transition to an almost full paleo diet but I'm still having trouble trying to maintain eating healthy when I travel and am based abroad. Luckily the deployments are only about 2-3 weeks and I've been coming up with creative ways to maintain my diet and fitness during those times.

Looking forward to continuing my journey with you guys! If you're in Seattle or the Middle East be sure to hit me up!

Riskva

Level 1 Wild-Elf (wannabe) Rebel, training to find my guild in the Rebellion. 

STR - | DEX - | STA - | CON - | WIS - | CHA - 

Wanderlust and Fitness from Cairo to Seattle - FIRST CHALLENGE

Full Metal Penquins - My super cool accountabilibuddies

"We are always more afraid than we wish to be, but we can always be braver than we expect. "

You are absolutely correct!

It is definitely possible, it just requires me to make it an actual focus when I'm abroad.

Riskva

Level 1 Wild-Elf (wannabe) Rebel, training to find my guild in the Rebellion. 

STR - | DEX - | STA - | CON - | WIS - | CHA - 

Wanderlust and Fitness from Cairo to Seattle - FIRST CHALLENGE

Full Metal Penquins - My super cool accountabilibuddies

"We are always more afraid than we wish to be, but we can always be braver than we expect. "