Forums are back in action! ×

Just finished WoT - Other Fantasy Recs?

Patrick rothfuss is my altime fav. I've read and reread and reread and come to the conclusion that it's not popularity that sways me so... the man truly deserves it. 

So does Brandon sanderson, but only in one of his books. The stormlight arhcive #1. Absolutely amazing, once he starts the meat of the story. Just wow. I consider every other book and series to be training so he could start a world beautiful as this.

I'll add that I love audiobooks.. and the next to last one I'll recommend that has an AMAZING voice-actor is The lies of locke Lamora. The gentlemen bastards. 

Furthermore, I thoroughly enjoyed the painted man. Peter V. Brett. Thoroughly and twice over. 

All of these are series. And all of these will ruin all other writers, so far (Save enders game.. despite the author being a bigot, supposedly. That dude and his entire series made my cry and shudder with bittersweet existential trauma. And I do mean the whole ender series.)

No worries tho. whenever a great writer touches the scene, a million lookalikes aim to perfect the added thought. Eventually getting it right.