Forums are back in action! ×

I decided this would go a lot better if I go ahead and decide to call myself "Super" something, and I have curly hair. If I go ahead and think of myself as Super, and deserving of fantastic health, I should make it that much easier to make diet and fitness changes, right? Positive attitude FTW!!! (My real name is Emily, but I went ahead and have myself a Super Alias.)

Anyway, I am going Paleo totally and completely hard-core along with my husband. I am also going to start making body strength training a priority. My goal is to be at 10% Body Fat by April 14 of 2014. I want to make Paleo choices second nature by that time as well. I am sick and tired of having my body punish me for making poor diet and fitness choices.

My current body state is not terrible. One year ago this time I weighed 178 and I am 5'6. I have no idea what I weigh now, but I have been breastfeeding since giving birth on July 17, 2012, so that has helped me keep from gaining (I think), but I don't think I have lost anything (I think). My body isn't terrible, but considering my food choices and fitness level (nil), I could do a lot better.

So that's me! Totally new to Nerd Fitness and can't wait to get started!

How did you come up with 10% as a goal? While possible, that's super, super lean for a woman, and may have consequences on your reproductive health. Have you read this article from NerdFitness on bodyfat? I'm not trying to be a Debbie Downer, but if you're a total noob, I don't want you to accidentally set yourself up for failure! (Do some googling, too - those pix in the nerdfitness article aren't my favorite, but the info is good)

Haha ok. I didn't want to be too judgmental if you really did want to get down that low, but I feel like the majority of women don't (I certainly don't!) I'd say just keep making progress with your bf% and taking pictures (I take pix once a month), and figure out what looks good on you :)

In my opinion, you're off to a great start by caring more about your body fat than your weight - I have an "overweight" bmi but a "normal" body fat percentage, because I carry a lot of muscle from strength training. The important part is to be able to wake up in the morning, look in the mirror, and *feel* like you're as healthy as possible.

Also, I like this set of bodyfat pictures better, because the girl in the 25% picture is actually wearing a bottom that *fits*. In the nerd fitness article, her bottom is too tight and it makes her look fatter than she is! I'm aiming to get down to 25% during this next 6 week challenge, so that's been bugging me, lol