Forums are back in action! ×

4am and I did fifteen pushps

Hi everyone!

That title is correct. I figure if I'm going to keep odd hours to roleplay the last dregs of my summer way I can do a few push-ups while I figure what to write next. and I'm super proud because I did them  with my ankles crossed.

Anyway I'm Lindi, 27 years old, female in Sunny North Carolina. I'm a late blooming uni student who got on a scale a few weeks ago in June and saw my highest weight yet...247 pounds.

So naturally I the very smart thing and didn't eat for a day and a half. I was disappointed in myself because in 2009 I  lost about 30 pounds and go down to 165. I thought I was on a roll but then the scale broke, I lost my jump rope and my motivation [i really did lose my jump rope and my scale.] then I recommitted to losing weight but..it was not taking. This year when i realized I was getting more tired taking stairs when I used to and my shoulder bag was feeling heavy no matter how scaled back and purely essential my supplies were for college. when I got on the scaled I realised what was happening,  I was failing to out run my fork.

But I shouldn't have been trying to do that; I had been eating well, clean even but then I would reward myself with crap food. Get an a on that hard paper? Fudgestripes for you.

Crappy day? Have a f'real frozen milkshake.

feeling anxious about the final? Gummibears.

And it was a pretty simple system...until this spring when I think a lot more stress than I had anticipated fell on my shoulders and a tiny treat became a lifeline to deal.

And I gained 60 pounds.

I started reading Nerd Fitness about a month ago, but I was too chicken to join, this was going to be my third weight loss site or app...I was going to be one of those fat girls that made a habit of joining weight loss sites, doing something till it worked and then blowing back up.

but then I looked to my hair...my eleven-years-natural-come-October, hair. If I could stop 'relaxing' (I.E cooking my scalp with chemical strainers and stripping precious protective lays off my hair follicles),  my hair cold turkey, and educate myself on the way about what was good for my hair and what was bad for it, to learn to work with instead of fighting to tame my hair, I could apply the same principals to my body.

So I'm here today to make this my last 'big change' because it's a perma change, just as I can walk by boxes of chemical relaxers knowing full well they will simply ruin my hair, I'm learning, slowly, not to reach for every carb, or sugar I see. Or if I do to really portion it out and  tell myself what I took is enough. I've been doing that for the last 3 weeks and when I got on a scale yesterday morning...

I weighted 241.2.

My first real goal, I've last more then 5 pounds, almost six! : D and instead of rewarding myself with more junk, my reward was joining nerd fitness... and those pushups. [and a nap, its been really hot.]

So...that's where I am. : )

I'd like to officially welcome you to the rebellion LadyLindis, you picked a great community. If you need any help with anything just ask and tons of people will be there to help and support you. :D

level 2 Assassin
STR 8|DEX 5|STA 2|CON 3.5|WIS 8|CHA 2

-=-The possibility or likelihood of some future event occurring.-=-

#1 : http://rebellion.nerdfitness.com/index.php?/topic/33498-prospects-voyage/