Forums are back in action! ×

Ready to gain some Fitness XP

G'day!

My names Nicole and I'm an Aussie - NOT from Sydney, haha. But from the often forgotten RADelaide... I mean, Adelaide.

Story

I used to be the 'sporty' kid in High School - danced 5-days a week, rowed for both school and my state 6-days a week and some how still managed to play school soccer, hockey or swim.

One day I was getting off a bus and I twisted my ankle which led me to black-out. Thinking it was a sprain I strapped it, took a week off of all my sport and then went back to it. What I didn't know is that I had torn ligaments in my ankle, and my continual activities caused it to get worse. It was during this time that I also injured my back rowing and again (stupidly) I kept going until one day I just stopped everything because it hurt too much.

I continued eating like I was training and put on fat without realising (muscle weights a lot more than fat so as I lost my muscle I didn't realise) and after a year travelling living on carb-only kosher camp food in the US and a diet of cheese toasties in the UK, I realised somethings gotta change.

Stats

Current Height: 5ft 8"

Current Weight: 91kg (eek!)

Muscle Status: sloppy :/

Nerd status: I'm only a n00b nerd. I like gaming (mainly xbox and WoW) but I've tried to give them up until early next year (to save extra travel money!) I'm a travel writer/blogger/offline student, so I'm permanently glued to my computer and I quite like XMen and anime. :)

First Steps

* re-enrol in my Personal Training course (Certificate IV baby!)

* swap my diet to Paelio (including no dairy... except maybe in scrambled eggs (my weakness!)

* re-define my fitness goals (I have some ideas but right now I'm kind of thinking on my feet!)

* set up my own fitness blog (done!)

* finish my 153 Challenge - 153 days of Paelio, exercising 5-days a week for 30mins each. (Why 153 days? because that will be the first day of summer!!!)

* be a AU size 12 by 2012 :D (I'm currently a large 14/small 16)

Current Workout (as of last week!)

10km on cross trainer 3x p/w (I really need to start actually running...)

Weights training 3x p/w

I want to start incorporating some Krav Magra classes and/or PT classes if I can =)

End Game Goals

* [Physical] Do 1 chin-up (but continue to do more!)

* [Physical] Run a Marathon - min. 10km

* [Appearance] Be my own version of a lean, mean CatWoman - reow ;)

* [Adventure] Cross everything off my Travel Bug-et List =P

* [Adventure] Step foot in every country

* [Profession] Graduate with Honours

* [Profession] Become a full-time location independent digital nomad

* [Guild] Save enough Frequent Flier Points to send Mum (and me!) to Tahiti Business Class (it's her dream location ^_^

(Wow, if you read all of that you deserve a cookie... oh wait, no cookies allowed - a pineapple!)

Check out my new fitness blog as I challenge myself to create a better me.

Like to travel? Check out Bitten by the Travel Bug!