Forums are back in action! ×

Joining the Rebellion

Howdy! I am Daniel and I just finished my first workout from the Rebel Fitness Guide and decided to let everyone know I'm joining the rebellion!

I am 22 and currently living in Houston while I am interning for the summer with one year of college left. Industrial Engineering major and I love everything about it. I used to lift a lot in high school when I played football, and when I say played I was on the team and had the best view for every game. Ever since I've been in college, I've been pretty inactive besides the occasional intramural game. I am just a skinny guy looking to bulk up.

Story:

Currently I am 5' 11'' and 152 lbs and I could relate to Steve's story in that I am not happy being skinny. I wanna be around 170 lbs, so the plan is to do my best to bulk up to around 180 and then cut it back down to 170. I have 6 weeks left in my internship so I think this gives me a good head start to gaining weight before I return to school, where my diet definitely suffers from a too much fast food and spending way more time at the bars then lifting and cooking.

Currently reading the Lord of the Rings books. I've loved the movies and I always wanted to get through the books. Also on the summer bucket list is to watch as many of the winners for best picture as possible, eventually watching all of them.

Goals

**Work my way through the body weight brigade rank 1, then either switch to the Barbell Battalion when I get back to school and have a rec to go to or continue on to rank 2

**Get to 180 lbs by stuffing my face in the healthiest way possible

**Read the Lord of the Rings

**Watch 6 best picture films

**Get a full time offer from my company

I've been reading blogs for the past two years now and this is my first post on a forum, but I decided I really needed a support system because none of my good friends are interested in getting in shape. What I've read I can tell this site really does have a great group of dedicated individuals and I hope I can learn from y'all.

Daniel

Nice to meet you Daniel! :) I especially like the goal about watching the best picture winners!

I find it hard to eat well at Uni too and would love to hear if you have any good recipe ideas.

Good luck!

Check out my new fitness blog as I challenge myself to create a better me.

Like to travel? Check out Bitten by the Travel Bug!

Welcome! Really like the goal of watching the best picture movies - sounds like a fun way to relax!

Get to 180 lbs by stuffing my face in the healthiest way possible

Do you have a diet plan that you intend to follow? I think it would definitely help you in your attempts to be healthy if you figured out what foods you're going to try to eat, especially if you're someone who tends to fall back on fast foods for convenience.

First off thanks for all the support I greatly appreciate it.

Right now the plan is to use the meal plan Steve has in his fitness guide as a guideline, and its definitely something I have to constantly think and plan about, but I live pretty close to a Kroger so I can always head of there to grab more food a few times a week. The plan is to eat around 3500 calories a day. My roommate here in Houston has a nice kitchen so I've been cooking a lot for dinner and usually cook 2 meals and eat the 2nd one for lunch at work the next day. It's worked out well so far. I am drinking a ton of whole milk and hard boiled eggs because they are a quick and easy way to get protein and calories. Then a lot of frozen chicken and fish with sides of veggies, but nothing too fancy since I can't exactly do too much in the kitchen yet, but that is another thing I hope to improve on.

As for the fast food fortunately there are not a lot of choices where I live in Houston, and if there are I don't know where they are and I'm trying to keep it that way ;)

I am tracking it all in the Daily Burn app on my iphone which I highly recommend to anyone who is trying to track what they eat. It's really easy to use and keeps a good record in my opinion for being free.

I'm pretty sore today from my workout yesterday, but I have to say I am really excited to go at it again tomorrow and almost wish I could workout today, but I want to make sure I take a day off between every workout!

Again thanks for the support! I plan on starting a thread on the Workout Log and posting a weekly update.