Forums are back in action! ×

Hello Everybody!

I'm Gabriel. I'm an EFL (English as a Foreign Language) Teacher. I also speak Italian and Spanish (My First Language). I usually don't join online communities but I got captivated by the idea of ​​a large community of people fond of self-improvement and who want a better quality of life. So here I am, joining the rebellion!

My story begins when a few months ago I decided to drop out from a major in Modern Languages. I found myself studying something that I didn't really love. I also felt I was in the wrong place. I didn't support how my college was changing my friends into passive-agressive zombies in a rampage for mediocre jobs/lives. I believe education is about personal and intellectual growth, not about winning some race to the top, even if it means destroying everyone in your path.

Since then, I decided to really dedicate myself to something that until that moment was a hobbie. Martial Arts. I practiced Ninjutsu for a couple of years -shame on me, I want to start again- and now I practice Wing Chun at least twice a week. And as a Martial Artist I need to stay (and keep) fit. I'm not and I feel no one would trust an overweight Martial Artist as you wouldn't trust a blind pilot or a shaky-hand surgeon. My goal is to inspire people through my experience and what has worked with me. To inspire that a man must constantly exceed his limits. That we can't put ourselves limits, that there are not limits. To inspire people to create their own way as I create mine along the way. You see, I've always been this self-doubt over-analytical shut-in guy (I'm working on that, btw) terrible at sports and Martial Arts made me do things I believed I could never do.

I love the idea to meet other people and share experiences and motivations along the way. I'm in to support anyone who needs it and give it all to the cause! I would be sharing with you guys how I'm doing. Next week I'm starting a bodyguard course! With weapon training and everything!

Excelsior!

G

One shot, one life.