Forums are back in action! ×

Reporting for Duty

Here I am, a new recruit. Been a long time reader of NF, am on fittit, and am on the way to getting my health back under control. It's a battle every day as I'm a sedentary coder/hacker. My wife and I are embarking on the journey and finally getting serious about it.

My goals are simple, get healthy and active. There are lots of "little" health achievements I've never done despite rowing in high school as well as playing football.

I've never run a complete mile. Sure I've jog/walked them, but never run.

I've never done a pull up. I'm a big guy and have been since I was born, so this is one achievement I'm extremely hungry for.

Past that, there's the goal of a "Thor" costume for halloween. I won't have a six pack by then, but I can slim down and buff up enough to make the costume work.

And then I've decided to set a goal for the February Spartan Sprint in Miami next year. Having never run a mile and been in generally piss poor shape, I'm going to enter and run in it - and finishing is my goal.

So here I am, joining the rebellion.

Peak: 375lbs

Current: 347lbs ~ 34% body fat

Goal: 250lbs ~ 12% body fat

Workout Journal

Somewhere along the line we seem to have confused comfort with happiness. - Dean Karnazes