Forums are back in action! ×

If you had told me two months ago that I would have a gym membership, I probably would have laughed at you.  But that's how things turned out.  I quit smoking 3 weeks ago, and last week I joined a gym.   Today, I started a Paleo diet.  I know, that's alot of change fast, but I have been wanting to fix my body for some time now.  

I'm not exactly out of shape, I work in a warehouse and there's alot of physical activity.  I'm 5' 6" and 172 lbs in my work uniform.  I have probably upwards of 30% body fat.  I have gone from 125-185lbs in the past.  

I came here because I want to get that body fat down to 10-20%.  I want to be lean, like a boxer or swimmer, not bulky like Arnold Schwarzenegger.    I'm going to post self pics later.  

I want to form a solid workout plan.  Right now I just wander from machine to machine.  I know that's not a good way to go about things.  I don't know much about lifting.  How do I choose how much weight to use?  How do I know it's not too light or heavy?