Forums are back in action! ×

Hey I'm Jena. I've always been in pretty good shape and interested in fitness but never got serious about working out. I hope to join the Marine Corps after i graduate high school. I'm in MCjrotc and on the PT team. I rarely go to practices but do ok in the competitions.

I want to start working out over the summer so when school starts i'll be more serious and go to pt practices. I'm very competitive so I really want to get medals at the competitions this year. I also want to be ready for bootcamp so i can hopefully make it into the Marines.

I'm 16 5'2" 108lbs. I can already do 10 pull ups, 30 push ups and around 60-70 situps but suck at running because i don't have the best cardio.

My goal is to build up my strength and cardio. I hope to get up to 30 pull ups, 50 push ups and 100 situps.

"Sweat is just fat crying"

"Courage is endurance for one moment more"

"Forget the sky there is no limit"

"Everyone thinks of changing the world, but no one thinks of changing himself" Leo Tolstoy

Follow me https://twitter.com/J_oreo77

Instgram- j_oreo77

I was thinking about joining because some of my friends that do i have been trying to talk me into it. So i will probably join this year.

"Sweat is just fat crying"

"Courage is endurance for one moment more"

"Forget the sky there is no limit"

"Everyone thinks of changing the world, but no one thinks of changing himself" Leo Tolstoy

Follow me https://twitter.com/J_oreo77

Instgram- j_oreo77

For cardio:

I don't know about marines, but I know the army does the 2 mile test, can you have to get under 14 minutes I think. I don't know where you stand right now, but if you can run a mile in about 10 minutes, try and run 2 miles in 12-13 minutes each. Take your time building up. Once you can run 5 miles comfortably (always remember when you are going for distance, don't try and go too fast, if you are breathing heavy half way through, slow it down a bit), start working in 400m sprints (the hardest, but probably the best for the two mile) once a week. You will begin to see vast improvements. I went from not being able to run a full mile to being able to run twelve, and do a 5k in 25min (~8 min/mile) in about 3 months. You have two years, so depending on your dedication and your GRADUAL BUILD UP (can't stress it enough, take it slow, unless you want to get injured and lose all progress), you should pretty easily be able to make time, or hell even do better if you want to get really competitive. Best of luck!!