Forums are back in action! ×

I realized this weekend that I had planned & stressed myself into a static state. Working out used to be my balm, fruit a treat and it saddens me that I micro managed that joy (and my health) from my life.

No more!!

First order of business - remove all junk from my desk area. I spend the majority of my time in this chair AND I tend to snack during the day. That's fine but it needs to work FOR me, not against me. It's time to exchange the Whopper's for fruits & veggies & nuts.

Second order of business - reacquaint myself with the weight room and outdoors and the pool and Dance Central on the Kinect - activities I ENJOY.

Third order of business - kick the Dr. Pepper habit. Yuck. It's terrible. I KNOW that. I love water. I love green tea. There is no good reason not to be indulging in those. Can you imagine what I'll be capable of with a fully hydrated body? Whew!

Fourth order of business - Take down stats, get a starting point, & start journaling what I eat to see what's working but ditch the ultra detailed, neurotic tracking devices. It shouldn't matter if I eat a cup of broccoli or 1.25 cups. Sheesh.

Fifth order of business - get to know all you fabulous people!

As a fun side note - my husband and I met in our guild in World of Warcraft. We two manned the fish boss in ZG (when it was still an instance) - him tanking as a pally, me healing as one. A friendship was born there that blossomed into a remarkable relationship that included me moving across country. Neither of us play anymore. Activities with family & friends have slowly taken over the time we spent gaming but it was a fun run!

• Human Adventurer

Level 0

"Imagination is the one weapon in the war against reality" - Jules De Gallier

Welcome!

I'm also new, but I have been really impressed with this forum. There are many knowledgeable people who know their fitness cold, and they won't even make fun of you for meeting your husband on Wow ;-p

I played WoW before the first expansion and was particularly fond of PvP, so my raid experience is very limited. I can boast that, in my best week, I ranked 14th on my server in total honor. It was that week that I realized I didn't want to do it anymore haha! These days, I get my Blizzard fill through Starcraft 2 ;-)

Cheers!

- Grey

I started playing when it first came out but about once a year I'd take a couple of months hiatus. My husband was a bit more consistent but we both just cancelled our accounts early this year. I hated PvP because I played primarily for the social experience (side note...I almost typed experiment which I suppose would be appropriate as well at times). I think my husband is wanting to play the new Star Wars game when it comes out. I'm sure I'll end up having to dabble as well.

• Human Adventurer

Level 0

Yeah...ever open your refrigerator and see shelves covered in tupperware containers of carefully measured/weighed portions? I knew there was a problem when the idea of eating 5 strawberries made me cry because I was afraid it would throw off my stats for the day. THAT? That is unhealthy.

• Human Adventurer

Level 0