Forums are back in action! ×

Mother improving health and fitness

Hello...I'm a mother to three boys.

My fitness levels have plummeted since having kids, but I've be doing regular exercise recently and also adopting a low carb diet.  I've also suffered alot from SPD so that's and extra hurdle I need to over come.

The exercise I've been doing has been helping.  I'm finding that if I don't do exercises then my hips really start to hurt.

My biggest challenge is finding the time - I homeschool my boys and run a business.  So finding time is hard!

I wrote a blog post on it recently - http://www.messytimes.com/2013/07/playground-fitness/

Good luck! I know how hard it can be from experience (as a father of two little girls), finding the time to exercise is incredibly difficult. Adding work + whatever else on top of that makes it nearly impossible. I personally try to implement early morning walking and pilates (my wife is good enough to be a teacher and helps me with that) before my oldest wakes up. What works for you?

Name: Armored Gallant Race: HumanClass: Adventurer - Lv. 1 

Attributes: STR: 4 | DEX: 3 | CON: 3 | STA: 1 | WIS: 3 | CHA: 1 "All that is gold does not glitter, Not all those who wander are lost. The old that is strong does not wither, Deep roots are not reached by the frostFrom the ashes a fire shall be woken, A light from the shadows shall spring; Renewed shall be blade that was broken,The crownless again shall be king." 

What seems to be working most for me at the moment is doing exercise whilst I'm outside with my boys - playing football, tennis, basketball and also working out at the park whilst they play.

I did some consistent running 2-3 times per week for 6 weeks, but hanging out with my boys has taken precedence.  I did start from not being able to run (lack of fitness + painful hips) to running 30 minutes without stopping. So yay!

Welcome to the rebellion. In the assassin guild there are several moms doing just what you are doing,working out at the playground while their kids play. Check out LexPhoenix, Orestesian, and Nymeria's thread in the assassin guild, their goals are smiliar to yours

Wisdom 22.5   Dexterity 13   Charisma 15   Strength 21  Constitution-13

"Love the Lord your God with all your heart, and with all your soul, and with all your strength, and with all your mind' Luke 10; 27