Forums are back in action! ×

I'm Mike, I'm here and I'm ready to get myself into shape.

I used to be fit, active, outdoorsy mountain climbing type. Then I got married in Aug 09, started a new business, sat a whole freaking bunch, drank way to much soda and stayed up to late. Went from 150lbs to 192lbs.

I discovered this site and paleo back in February, had great success with it, lost 16lbs hit 176lbs. Life kind of side tracked me for a couple months and my eating went back to normal foods. However my portions where lower. Anyways, been hovering around 183 for a couple of months and now determined as hell to get back into it.

Great thing is my wife reads this site and MarksDailyApple and we're both onboard with this together.

In February we just challenged each other to try it for a month and see what happens. We know it works, now we've decided to go hard or go home. We're going to go all paleo for 6 months straight. Including a strength training program.

I suspect the results we see over 6 months will be much more drastic than just 1 month and will help us to stay motivated to move beyond those 6 months into lifestyle.

Anyways, I'm looking to regain what I lost before I hit 30 and help my wife enjoy life and feel more confident about herself as well.

Welcome! I totally can sympathize with the "Marriage Bulge". Happened to both me and my hubby, we put on a good 30 lbs a piece before the wedding occurred. I'm trying the paelo diet as much as I can, some things I'm shocked are processed so its a learning quest for me. Also my freezer is becoming epically small, lol. Good luck, I look forward to seeing your progress.

~Havock
N7 Lycan. Scout at heart, training with the Rangers.

{Level 1} STR 3 | DEX 2 | STA 1 | CON 2 | WIS 5 | CHA 2