Forums are back in action! ×

Wolverine. Deadlifting. In Vibrams.

shit my bar looks like it's bending around 200- I"m okay with it.  

I have no idea if it looks slightly bent- but I still like to pretend that it is.  :D LMAO. 

Looks good- Love DL in vibrums. wish the sock monster would give me back my socks- I can't work out in them w/o the socks!!

Lol nice! I'll pretend my bends too then. You know what they say, "If you ain't cheatin', you ain't trying" haha!

Unfortunately I tore through my last pair of vibrams in about 6 months. Gonna try out the Merrells with Vibram soles and see if they're the same or not.

Hero's First Challenge, Again! - "I knew pig-moles were a bad idea..."

Who the hell do you think I am!?!

-Kamina, "Tengen Toppa Gurren Lagann"

Dai-Gurren Brigade's Hero

Lvl1 Human Ranger

STR3 DEX1 STA3 CON1 WIS1 CHA1

I have a pair of minimus new balance with the vibram soles.  I really like them.  I tried the Merrels a while ago and I really disliked them- they were too constricting ((for me)) across the width of my foot- but I do like the minimus.

The biggest draw back with the minimus- and I know a LOT of people have this problem- they don't take a lot of abuse well- they start to kind of ravel a little within a few weeks.

now. Granted- mine been holding strong for months- but the first piece of rubber popped within 3 or 4 wears.  It has n't gone anywhere- but it did pop loose.  

So - big negative for 80$ shoes.

I have a pair of minimus new balance with the vibram soles.  I really like them.  I tried the Merrels a while ago and I really disliked them- they were too constricting ((for me)) across the width of my foot- but I do like the minimus.

The biggest draw back with the minimus- and I know a LOT of people have this problem- they don't take a lot of abuse well- they start to kind of ravel a little within a few weeks.

now. Granted- mine been holding strong for months- but the first piece of rubber popped within 3 or 4 wears.  It has n't gone anywhere- but it did pop loose.  

So - big negative for 80$ shoes.

My minimus got holes in the fabric rather quickly, but the sole never budged.

my friend's toe piece popped loose like within weeks.

I have ONE knobbie on the bottom that's loose- but it's still attached- it's like a little flap LOL

there is a NB store directly across from the gym- so there are literally HUNDREDS of these shoes that come through our gym- it's almost comical.

I'm a Ginger, and his legs are almost as white as mine.  I don't feel so bad now, like I ever felt bad about my paleness.  Heck, I was given a "cease & desist" order from the Air Force Base I lived near.  It was to stop mowing the yard w/out a shirt on, apparently I was blinding pilots on landing approach!!!

"A sharp knife is nothing without a sharp eye" - Koloth

"Ya can't grill it until ya kill it" - Uncle Ted

"If it ain't Metal...IT'S CRAP!!!" - Dee Snider

I met him in like '87?(Hysteria tour).  He showed up at the Metal bar I used to frequent.  He was really cool, stood outside and talked w/ us for like an hour.

"A sharp knife is nothing without a sharp eye" - Koloth

"Ya can't grill it until ya kill it" - Uncle Ted

"If it ain't Metal...IT'S CRAP!!!" - Dee Snider

I've seen this picture before and it's bloody impressive. Shows how hard Hugh Jackman works and how strong he is.

I've also seen a lot of people comment negatively about his legs, especially his calves. His calves look fine and they honestly would look out of proportion to his body if they were any bigger. He's in proportion.. Plus, look at his quads, they look pretty damn strong. We all know you need decent leg drive and power to achieve a dead lift. He's done bloody well for himself.