Forums are back in action! ×

Hello Rebels!

After reading up on the Paleo diet and digging through many many articles about getting fit at home, I found this place. I love it here, everybody is helpful and our dear leader is genuinely enthused about motivating us.

My Stats: 6' 2", ~220lbs, no clear fitness goal.

My back-story:

I have never been in shape and I still have some way to go. As a teen I only joined one sports team and immediately quit when it was clear that I couldn't keep up with the team. The most running I did was away from the cops, twice, and the only real exercise I got was riding my bike to go see a friend once in a while. I couldn't even spell exercise; barely can now. I weighed around 245 and stayed there for a long time. Recently, I went back on medication for ADHD and they gave me the hard stuff; I lost my appetite and stopped eating regularly. I started to lose weight and thought it was because I should eat less, so I did. I was making no attempt at exercising since I figured eating less was doing enough. Then, my legs and knees started to hurt after a day's work, now it's my hands and quadriceps. As you can guess, I have a sedentary job. Today, I still deal with the pain but I try and walk with my dog, to help. I'm eating regularly and I've started on a multivitamin, so things are better but I'm still bewildered as to where to go next.

What i do now:

Walk two miles, at least. I'm able to jog for about 5 blocks before I feel like i'm dying. I can run flat-out for at least two blocks, comfortably. I've been lifting a 20lb barbell to work my shoulders and quadriceps. I do about 20 push-ups when I work out; this is a huge win for me. I could barely do any of this before.

My goals, by priority:

Find a workout that stimulates the muscles i'm not using regularly and alleviates the associated pain.

destroy my remaining man-boob-meat & gut

Get fit enough that i am not ashamed to sign up for a martial arts class.

Run flat-out more

Do a 5k

I dunno if it's tradition but here's a picture of me 'mirin your community

Where do you guys think should I start?

post-19277-0-51119700-1375214605_thumb.j

We all have our low points, whenever I actually go to the gym to work out I always say I am at ground zero because it's not going to get worse for me. Also love the title :)!

Level 3 Fire Ranger

Strength: 4 Dexterity: 4 Stamina: 5 Constitution: 4 Wisdom: 6 Charisma: 4

http://rebellion.nerdfitness.com/index.php?/topic/36822-fai-this-is-war/

http://rebellion.nerdfitness.com/index.php?/topic/39582-fai-this-is-war-round-two/

http://rebellion.nerdfitness.com/index.php?/topic/56286-fa-fing-my-negative-self-influence/(New challenge!)

"When you walk up to opportunities door, don't knock...kick that bitch in smile, and introduce yourself." -Dwayne Johnson

We all have our low points, whenever I actually go to the gym to work out I always say I am at ground zero because it's not going to get worse for me. Also love the title :)!

I'm hoping there aren't low points anymore. I'd like to consider this effort of mine like I am raising the sails while the wind blows. I'm in therapy, communicative with my wife and making an effort to stay in touch with my close friends. All of that helps greatly. I highly recommend that anybody struggling with crippling self esteem or image issues go see a therapist. My image wasn't body related at first, but it was enough to keep me from making a change, ever. Therapy helped that, big time.