Forums are back in action! ×

Where did my motivation go?

Hello everyone!

I’ve been reading Steve’s newsletter for a few months now and I feel so lucky I found it! Real motivation! I am not overweight but I am not where I want to be physically, I want to tone and feel comfortable with my body!!! Going Paleo appeals to me (I also read Mark’s daily apple), but honestly I have no idea where to start!! I am not a fan of meat and it seems that the Paleo diet favors tons of meat....Also, I want to train for a Half marathon in October and now my knee is hurting when I run : ( I don’t know if today I’m feeling down or what, so I thought why not reaching out to see if you have anything to say.

I have 9 months until my wedding and I need to start working out!

Congratulations on agreeing to make such a commitment to someone who loves you.:) It's really great of you to want to go that extra mile (pun intended) for the day.

Are there any specific skills you want to gain, on your path to being fitter? I find that if I concentrate more on how I look than what I can do, I get really depressed.:( If I'm going for a challenge, I get fit as a side effect, and I feel much happier in general.

Congratulations on agreeing to make such a commitment to someone who loves you.:) It's really great of you to want to go that extra mile (pun intended) for the day.

Are there any specific skills you want to gain, on your path to being fitter? I find that if I concentrate more on how I look than what I can do, I get really depressed.:( If I'm going for a challenge, I get fit as a side effect, and I feel much happier in general.

Hi Deis,

Thank you! I want to tone and get stronger. I am okay with my weight, mostly I want to define muscle.

Oh I'm just making things up as I go along. It's only modified in the sense that I don't eat meat :)

I buy a lot of sardines (lots of sardines. Lots and lots of sardines), cans of crab meat, smoked trout (which, yes, is expensive) and frozen fish like tilapia and shrimp. I try to avoid farmed fish when I'm able. It hasn't wound up being crazy expensive.

I really want to try it. I'm going to start changing my breakfast...I usually have a protein shake in the morning (8am) and around 10:30am I usually eat two pieces of multigrain toast with cottage cheese....it keeps me full until lunch but I want cut back on bread so I need another option that I can take to work.....any suggestions?