Forums are back in action! ×

My name is Stefanie and I’ve been following the NF blog and browsing the forums for probably, oh, the last five months give or take. I have always had excuses to not do things, but this year I told myself things would be different. I took the first step towards major life reconstruction when I re-enrolled in college, and I’ve had solid As since I started with the spring semester (speech for summer school sucks, btw). Working full time and going to school part time is a lot, and even though I told myself the two goals I had this year was to get back in school and to start working out… I started one and thought, “Hey, one is better than none.â€

Except its not. I’m feeling pretty proud of myself for DOING instead of just thinking, but I’ve been yo-yoing with my weight for almost five years, and I’m tired of feeling run down and crappy. I don’t even really recognize myself in the mirror anymore, and half the time I find excuses to not look. It has to stop. I kept coming up with reasons to not start using the awesome advice on NF but I’m running out of excuses… I’m just being lazy. So last night I purchased the Rebel Fitness Guide and started reading it. I’m kind of scared to go Paleo (oh how I love thee bread, let me count the ways…) but I’ve been reading up on it and logically it makes sense, so I’d love to give it a shot.

So, once I get home tonight (whoops, not working at work again) and have a chance to finish reading the RFG, I’m hoping to get started ASAP. I really like what Steve’s put together, and all of you out there seem like some stellar people, so here’s to not letting the rebellion down!

Welcome to the rebellion Stefanie! (I understand the summer school thing, during my undergrad doing Music Appreciation was also awful since I'm tone deaf) Anyway, you know, I always want to say, do what feels comfortable. If you want to eat breads for now, do so, thats your choice. You can always adapt and change your mind as you see fit.. Good luck, feel free to ask anything!