Forums are back in action! ×

Get up, you're not done yet

I am a Nerd at heart (defined as "an unstylish, unattractive, or socially inept person") and I am perfectly fine with it.

Yet, I realized at some point in my life that I was using "being nerd" as an excuse for "being lazy".

You can be stylish and be unstylish, just have your own style.

You can be unattractive but really, who cares? If you're lucky in your life you need just ONE person to like you.

Being socially inept is actually what's giving me most problems, but crying over how sad it is being alone doesn't help to get used to people anyway.

Long story short, I am a normal person with a lot of shortcomings, some coming from family issues, others from education, others from natural selection.

Yet, one day I lost something important to me because I was weak and decided I would've never let that happen again, using the motto I wrote as a title I started practicing sports, looking at something I WANTED to do and why I couldn't do that.

I realized the country I was living in wasn't good enough for how I wanted to live (working 12 hours a day is NOT a nice way to live).

I realized the friends I had were not people I could count on.

I realized my family was not interested in me as much as they were interested in how they could use me.

I opened my eyes to a lot of things and decided it was time to do something and make a change, even if I didn't knew if it would've been for better or worst.

I moved abroad with a bit of savings, a bit of hope and a reforged will to live, also to make up for the person I had lost.

It went unexpectedly well I have to say.

I used to train even before moving, but after, with all that free time, I decided to try and see where I could get my body at.

I started practicing climbing, martial arts, fencing and I got into some very intensive cardio sessions.

At first I couldn't run 3km without passing out and doing 10 push ups was a far away goal.

I can now run 40+ km at once and I can get 72 push ups done. I am currently focusing on power and flexibility to improve my martial arts and climbing performance.

Most probably I'll try and get a parachuting license in september/october because... why not?

Still, I can see the difference between what I can do and what I want to be able to do.

Every day brings a new challenge with the me from yesterday, both in mind and body.

I found out this website while randomly browsing the internet and I have to say it's quite enjoyable, I can see a lot of my thought reflected in the community and I decided to join, even if I do have dieting and training already in place, with some pretty clear goals in mind already.

So, that's me, more or less, hopefully we'll get along well :)

Human Assassin

STR 2

DEX 3

STA 3

CON 4

WIS 2

CHA 1

First challenge: Setting up a challenge!

"To say that nothing is true, is to realize that the foundations of society are fragile, and that we must be the shepherds of our own civilization. To say that everything is permitted, is to understand that we are the architects of our actions, and that we must live with their consequences, whether glorious or tragic."