Forums are back in action! ×

Hello everyone. I'm Liz and I am 25 (I feel like the new kid standing up in front of the class, haha). I am 5'6 and 135 lbs. This is the heaviest I've ever been and it does not look good on me!  :x  Having been a fairly skinny/average sized person for most of my life, my current weight/health has definitely got me feeling down and insecure. I've had to up-size my entire wardrobe and invest in a lot more of what I call "my fat pants" (yoga, sweat, elastic waists) for my belly. This is all because for the past few years, I've worked at jobs where I sit most of the time and I've lead a generally sedentary lifestyle. Not to mention that I live in the South and eat way more fried food than I care to admit. On top of all of that, I never really do anything active or that requires physical exertion. The boyfriend and I like to play mmorpgs, so that takes up a lot of time. I smoke maybe 2-3 times a day and I drink once a week on Sundays (this is what I'm down to after reeling in a bit of a problem). Sorry if this is TMI. Just thought I should mention it to give an idea of how unhealthy I've been/am. 

So we recently moved to a new apartment and the neighborhood is perfect for going for runs, biking, etc. I remember how horrified I was when trying to help him move boxes and furniture. My arms are so freaking weak! It was painful for me to even move a moderately sized box alone. The next day my body was so sore. 

I've been wanting to clean up my eating habits and start working out for a while now. I feel like I'm in the right frame of mind to begin and actually stick with it. Finding this site definitely helps. After reading some of the success stories of a few of the members and seeing the results (holy crap), it made me feel like I can accomplish my goals too. So motivating! 

My goals to start are pretty simple:

1. Eat healthier foods (going to try Paleo).

2. Be more active (going to try the beginner's routine on this site).

3. Apply the self-discipline that I'll need to stick with it (at least 3 times a week to begin). 

4. Become stronger and healthier. 

I'm hoping that by posting and trying to be active on the site, I'll make myself accountable to someone else for sticking to my goals. Luckily the bf is going to try to do this with me so I'll have support. 

Anywho! I'm going to stop rambling now. :)