Forums are back in action! ×

Get Strong, Smash Kefka

Hey everyone!  I have been a lurker here on the NF boards and the main site for some time, and decided it was finally the right time to join up.  I am 30 and a huge fan of video games (particularly RPGs), comic books, and D&D.  Upon finding this site a few months back I got my first urge to get back into the gym, though that was short lived.

There was a period of time in the last five years when I lost 100lbs to get to 195lbs and had the following benchmarks for weight lifting:

Bench press: 415lbs

Deadlift: 425lbs

Squat: 500lbs

After meeting a great woman (who would become my wife) I stopped going to the gym and gained 95lbs back.  I currently weigh about 280.  When I went back to the gym after an extended time away I could barely get 225lbs off the rack on the bench.  I still haven't tried squats or deadlifts again yet.  My attempts to get back into it had been few and far between.

A friend of mine recently starting getting into running 5ks.  She is quickly becoming obsessed with running and has become the motivation I needed to kickstart my own workout engine again.  So, I finally signed up here.  I am participating in my first challenge on these boards.  I am going to surprise her by running in a costumed 5k race with her in October, appropriately dressed as Batman.

Then, I am gonna get strong again, and go smash me some Kefka.