Forums are back in action! ×

New Nerd joining the Rbellion

What up guys,

Just found Nerd fitness a few days ago and I love the way things are around here. It's exactly what *this* nerd needs  =)

A little about myself:

I just turned 33 a month ago, I weight 220 and am about 5'11. I have been a heavy smoker for the past 15ish years.

I found out about 3 weeks ago that I'm going to be a dad. (Yikes!)  Things really needed to change, so I decided that starting monday July 29th, I was a non smoker and would get back into shape.

On my 3rd day now, finding it really hard not to smoke but so far so good.  I always liked cycling as a kid so thats what I started with. The money I save from not buying cigs will go towards getting a new decent bike. (to replace the 20 year old one I am currently using)

Will start working on my main quests soon, and hope to be a part of the scouts soon enough.

P.S. Is it too late to join the 6 week challenge?

Howd1980,  level 0 Orc scout

STR 3  |  DEX 2  |  STA 3  |  CON 2  |  WIS 3  |  CHA 2

Not sure if you are too late, as I am a newbie myself. However, CONGRATS! On so many things! Finding out your going to be a parent must be awesome and horrifying all at the same time! But that can be the BEST motivation to getting it together! I have also recently quit smoking.. I smoked at least a pack a day for the past 6-7 years and am currently  1 month 21 days and 15 hours cigarette free ^_^ It feels great. The first 2 weeks is rough, but it gets much easier! Just keep it up, it will be the greatest decision you ever make!

Glad to hear it gets better, cuz I can't see it right now! I guess I'll have to survive the first few weeks before I can actually tell.  And the whole being a parent thing is pretty much the motivation I need right now. I can't see myself raising a child with the way I feel right now (or rather *felt* a few days ago ;) ) I want to set a good example for the little one so smoking / carrying extra pounds isn't what I had in mind!

I even got a cute little Iphone app that gives me good reasons to keep going!

Btw, this is the first time I will ever succeed at quitting cigarettes, so I'm really happy with my decision.

Glad to hear it gets better, cuz I can't see it right now! I guess I'll have to survive the first few weeks before I can actually tell.  And the whole being a parent thing is pretty much the motivation I need right now. I can't see myself raising a child with the way I feel right now (or rather *felt* a few days ago ;) ) I want to set a good example for the little one so smoking / carrying extra pounds isn't what I had in mind!

I even got a cute little Iphone app that gives me good reasons to keep going!

Btw, this is the first time I will ever succeed at quitting cigarettes, so I'm really happy with my decision.

Glad to hear it! Welcome aboard and keep us posted on your progress! YOU CAN DO IT!

Glad to hear it! Welcome aboard and keep us posted on your progress! YOU CAN DO IT!

Thanks mate! Day 4 and counting! Decided I would jump right into the challenge even if i'm a couple of days late... even if it doesnt count, it should do me some good!