Forums are back in action! ×

I just found this site today, and I'm still poking around & absobing the new culture, but I wanted to say "Hello" & introduce myself.

I was a Marine Sergeant, a lifetime ago, no stranger to sweat & hard work.  I got out with the bad attitude of I'd done my lifetime quota of situps.  As my 30's approached I thought my hummingbird metabolisim would continue forever, and I got a job as an IT Administrator.  (Not much physical exertion involved w/ that, you know?)

BAM!  ...next thing you know, I have to shop at the big & tall store...

Last fall I hurt my knee, and before I had surgery to fix it up this Spring, my activity level plumeted & my weight ballooned.

I am now on my way back.  They rebuilt me.  Better, faster, stronger...

After knee surgery, I began a new job.  That gave me the excuse for all sorts of new habits.  Taking the train downtown pretty much required a 6 block walk to my new office, and at the same time I quit sugar & processed food.

I was not very pleasant to be around during the transition ;-)

Now, 3 months later, I'm down three belt-loop-holes, two pants sizes, and I'm no longer the slowest person on the sidewalk!

Next goals are to cut out diet soda, refine my dietary intake, and get my weight down to where my scale can actually read it!